cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Oculus rift on one computer?

jday2zn
Honored Guest
I am fan of VR. Now, I would like to set up multiple Oculus Rift on one computer to play games ( Co-op or separate games).
Is it possible? What are hardware/software requirements?
Best regard,
6 REPLIES 6

DriftVR
Honored Guest
This was a good idea for many, I'm afraid to imagine the characteristics of such a computer.
(I think if you start at the same time 2 separate windows...)

Percy1983
Superstar
Will need some heavy processing power just on the hardware side. Probably best running a virtual machine on the machine and of course 2 graphics cards.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

SilverlightPony
Honored Guest
Unlikely.  I have yet to see an OS that plays nice with attempting to send inputs from multiple devices *to multiple applications* simultaneously.

jday2zn
Honored Guest
yes, due to very heavy load on cpu and gpu, I think it even need a server mainboard which support 2 cpu and 2 gpu...

Synthetic
Rising Star
may as well just get two computers.... use a network

Percy1983
Superstar
I know linustechtips did 7 gamers 1 PC, using the same idea you could do 2 Rifts 1 PC.

But I would just build 2 machines myself.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w