cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Quest 2

Compsci1
Level 2

I am a middle school teacher with 8 different sets of Oculus Quest 2 to use in my classroom. I do not have the " Business" set up, just 8 independent headsets, donated to my class. I obviously cannot afford to buy apps for each set independently but so far have had success buying a game on one set and signing the rest into that same account. Now it seems the headset are starting to block that option. Any advice on how I can get my students into apps without spending hundreds of dollars for 1 app?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AsgardsFinest
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hello everyone.

I see where you are all having some difficulties with multiple headsets in a classroom setting. Since you're wrestling with individual accounts on what sounds like consumer headsets, there may be a workaround I'm unaware of to have it function for your individual needs. That being said, it could create some issues as those headsets would not be used for their intended purpose at that time. Which is to say, a single user with a single log in on a headset meant for consumers.

For what you're trying to accomplish, you'll want to look into Quest for Business. Here's a link with information about that.

Using an enterprise Meta Quest 2 in conjunction with a Quest for Business account completely eliminates the hiccups with multiple people using a headset, and keeps you from having to purchase a title for each headset.

I hope this clears everything up and answers any questions you all may have had. If we can clarify anything further for anyone, please let us know here or reach out in an email or chat so our support team can give you that one-on-one attention.

Edit: It might actually help if I gave you the link to support... Sorry about that. Here it is. 🙂

Ad Astra Per Aspera, Trooper.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Compsci1! It really depends on whether the app permits it or not. With that being said, accessing the game/app from multiple headsets signed into the same account simultaneously can cause issues. Please go to this link https://www.oculus.com/blog/some-tips-for-using-facebook-accounts-on-oculus/ and look under "Can I log into multiple headsets with the same Facebook account?" for more information on this matter.

If you still have more questions or concerns, we would love for you to PM us.

Please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

newlight2018
Level 3

Hello, from a school also but running into problems.

I just purchased (10) (vendor cost $5k) and am finding out about some business account nonsense. have had no issues with my Rift and Quest in the classroom.

How did you set up your Oculus 2 ?

In setting up the Quest 2 I am now being required to link the headset to a mobile device in order to use it. Can't have students linking to their personal cell phones for privacy reasons. Did you run into this problem? How did you work around it?

Thanks for clarification and support.

Newlight2018,

When I first bought the 8 quest 2 I had set up a new gamail account and a new FB account and signed all 8 sets into that account. When I bought games on the account I could access that game on all headsets and play the same game on all 8 at the same time no problem. Then Meta happened. 

So recently I have had to do a factory reset on all the devices, create 8 (7 New) separate Gmail /FB accounts ( this is a laborious and annoying process ) and then reinstall the app on my set of class iPads ( probably the answer you're looking for) and completed the set up as new devices 1 headset to 1 ipad. 

This means all the new accounts no longer have access to my purchased apps. And ( Unfeasible for public school teachers) if I'd like to download a paid app for the students to learn from, I have to buy it 8 times. 

TLDR; Get 10 ipads, create 10 Gmail/FB accounts. 

Well, that is a sure-fire way to ensure education does not get involved in utilizing VR in the classrooms.

Not only do we have to fundraise thousands for the Oculus 2 (because the district can't afford to purchase new tech) ... now we have to fundraise thousands more to purchase ANOTHER tech (iPads)  before we can actually use the Oculus 2?

What a debacle. 

I'll let you know if I come up with anything else.

Trying, even at the hinderance of Meta! 

Did you ever figure anything out on this? A co-teacher and I got 4 Quest 2 for our technical innovation lab. We also have a paid subscription to some simulation software. Do we need to just create 4 ghost emails and then sign in on our personal phone, activate the device, log out, and then repeat until all 4 headsets are working? From then on, we should just be able to fire up the headsets and go without the phone app, correct? Thoughts?

AsgardsFinest
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hello everyone.

I see where you are all having some difficulties with multiple headsets in a classroom setting. Since you're wrestling with individual accounts on what sounds like consumer headsets, there may be a workaround I'm unaware of to have it function for your individual needs. That being said, it could create some issues as those headsets would not be used for their intended purpose at that time. Which is to say, a single user with a single log in on a headset meant for consumers.

For what you're trying to accomplish, you'll want to look into Quest for Business. Here's a link with information about that.

Using an enterprise Meta Quest 2 in conjunction with a Quest for Business account completely eliminates the hiccups with multiple people using a headset, and keeps you from having to purchase a title for each headset.

I hope this clears everything up and answers any questions you all may have had. If we can clarify anything further for anyone, please let us know here or reach out in an email or chat so our support team can give you that one-on-one attention.

Edit: It might actually help if I gave you the link to support... Sorry about that. Here it is. 🙂

Ad Astra Per Aspera, Trooper.

And how much does it cost for Business and where are we supposed to find that money?

Matt-NEC
Level 2

Hello,
Did you ever get an answer to your problem? I have spoken to one person who has been helpful. Normally I get the links that I see below - directing me to information on the business account. Unfortunately, there are no answers there. 
I have 10 new headsets with 10 more on the way. I was excited to use them but I am having trouble finding technical support on how to set them up in a business account (which I think I need to use).  Can you direct me to adequate technical support? Were you able to solve your problems?