cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Oculus Rift S Freezes and shuts off

Sonikuu
Honored Guest

I usually be in vr playing B&S VRC and other stuff and then my vr headset just randomly freezes, Like if i try to look around it stays on the same thing and just turns off. I never knew what this was and i just ignored it for a long time (don't remember how long). I've tired redownloading the Oculus app, Unplugging and repluging the headset (which brings me back in the game but doesn't get rid of the problem), And repairing. I Don't Know if its my headset that is doing this or something else.

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We know how concerning it can be when our devices seem to crash in the middle of gameplay. We appreciate you listing the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. We would like to offer a couple of additional steps to try an remedy this situation.

We recommend making sure your drivers are up to date as this can cause issues like this. If you need the steps to do this, you can find them here. We also suggest making sure the PC app is up to date as well. The steps to do this, can be found here. We hope you find this information helpful. If you need any further assistance, just let us know. 👍😊

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello again! We wanted to check in to see if you were able to resolve your freezing issue.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yeah i've been getting the same issue for almost 6 months now, i've tried everything stated above and previous attempts for support at Oculus didn't help, they shrugged it off after i sent a crash log to them. any other ideas that may work?

Hey there, @LTQuack. We appreciate you reaching out and sharing your issues with the Rift S freezing and shutting off. Something like this can definitely take the wind out of your VR sails, and we want to lend a hand to help figure this out. To do just that, can you tell us the following?

What all have you done for troubleshooting?

Do you happen to have your support ticket number?

Please let us know if you have any questions. We are happy to help.

Hello, @LTQuack! Just checking in to see if you are still needing assistance with freezing and shutting off on your Rift S. If so, please do reach back out to us at your earliest convenience. Thank you!