cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My controller's locomotion is moving very oddly

BlakeCobb
Level 2

My left controller's joystick was acting fine not that long ago, until I started playing some Rec Room and my locomotion was acting very odd. As I walk, I will just stop for a second until I started moving my controller's joystick again. This is getting very annoying in games where a lot of joystick movement is required (Blade & Sorcery, Rec Room, VRChat, etc.) Has anybody ever experienced this problem and has anybody found a way to fix it?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Blake! Thanks for sharing what's been going on with your controller, seems like you might be having some drift issues. 

We can offer you some steps to try and get this corrected, we suggest trying to clean your controllers to isolate this issue. You can use a dry cloth or non-abrasive anti-bacterial wipes to clean your remote, please do not use alcohol or an abrasive cleaning solution to clean your controllers!

If the issue persists after cleaning try to see if this happens outside the Rec Room app and reach out to us here so we can take a closer look at what might be going on. We hope this information helps!

View solution in original post

BlakeCobb
Level 2

I managed to fix it with a microfiber cloth.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Blake! Thanks for sharing what's been going on with your controller, seems like you might be having some drift issues. 

We can offer you some steps to try and get this corrected, we suggest trying to clean your controllers to isolate this issue. You can use a dry cloth or non-abrasive anti-bacterial wipes to clean your remote, please do not use alcohol or an abrasive cleaning solution to clean your controllers!

If the issue persists after cleaning try to see if this happens outside the Rec Room app and reach out to us here so we can take a closer look at what might be going on. We hope this information helps!

BlakeCobb
Level 2

I managed to fix it with a microfiber cloth.