cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My microphone randomly went super quiet!

azazel279
Honored Guest

hi, im using an oculus quest 2 recently and i'm really enjoying it. However, today, when i was playing recroom, my mic just went super quiet. i had to scream just for someone to hear me in the slightest. someone please help! this is not with oculus link.

6 REPLIES 6

R4RE
Explorer

Same issue for me, did you find a fix?

PixelRaven
Honored Guest

appearantly there isn't a known way to fix this but you could message oculus or try looking through applications to see if you accidentaly made your mic volume lower, i have this same issue

PixelRaven
Honored Guest

i emailed oculus about the issue they responded to me a lot with troubleshooting tips and then they asked for some info i gave them the info and then they send this.

i haven't gotten another email yet

PixelRaven_0-1631697522876.png

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for bringing us up to date with your experience PixelRaven. We have reviewed your open ticket, and you have been sent an update in an email about your return. Please follow the instructions provided to return your headset so we can send out a replacement. If there is anything else we can help with please let us know! 🙌

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

SpookyBaron
Protege

If this is a known bug please make users aware, I had a headset with the same issue, and I had to return it but the headset I received has the same issue, I'm sure someone just swapped it for another with a similar issue.  😞

@SpookyBaron Hey there, that's quite the issue to have back to back. I do want to let it be known that this isn't something that should be a problem with a new headset. Not a known bug per se, but you can also submit a bug report with these steps:

1. Press the Oculus button on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
  2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  3. Select Report a Problem.

However, I'm sure the team would be more than happy to get a closer look into your mic issues. If you haven't already, feel free to reach out with a support ticket where they can provide that 1 on 1 assistance. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling