cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP vote here to fix pixel inversion/ scanlines on quest 2/rift s (not screendoor effect)

Geowrathien
Explorer

Pixel Inversion/ Scanline Correction Software – Oculus feedback (uservoice.com)

Please upvote this I want the team at oculus to take this seriously , pixel inversion/scan line are horizontal rows of lines and is present in the rift s and quest 2. Compared to the psvr or hp reverb G2 the issue is not there. It really sucks because the scanlines breaks immersion for me, but thankfully due to the quest 2 increase in resolution it is less noticeable and the gaps between the rows of horizontal lines are fainter and much thinner compared to the scanlines on the rift s , but its still a issue the the small number of people such as myself are sensitive to. You think I'm going crazy right? The people who dont have this issue are lucky. So I'm here to ask for your help to upvote the link above so the team at oculus can take my issue seriously. The valve index had this problem but valved fixed it with a correction software so there might be hope for me.

5 REPLIES 5

aguy10
Heroic Explorer

So you're saying it's on every Quest 2 headset but only a minority of people notice it?.

Raging_Beard
Protege

My Q2 had it, sent it back and my replacement has it too 😞 I'm not sure if all have it but most people never notice it, or I'm very unlucky.

VRSEB72
Expert Protege

Is it this issue ?

My previous 64 GB one was not affected, but my new 128 GB is. 😞

Thanks to the Oculus support team it was replaced but the replacement model is also affected. 😞

Looks more like a typical interference pattern (Moire) to me, caused by camera/screen interaction.

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Both my Indices have it - the first one was worse, the second one I often can hardly see it. So may differ a lot between panels. Seems to be normal for lcd panels to some degree - I've seen it on some cheaper lcd TVs too when you get really close to the screen. 

Different colors may expose the problem to different degrees. This is another reason for getting back oled panels.

Valve has invented column correction software (can be set to automatic and then finetuned) - when using that it nearly goes totally away on my new hmd. To my knowledge Oculus has no column correction software. 

Seems not all notice it - but if I diasable the column correction software, it's easy to see - and without the column correction software I would not be able to greatly enjoy the Index. When you first see the columns, it's hard not to notice them, easily ruining immersion. At least the SDE in CV1 is fixed, while the columns come and go, which I find more irritating. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"