Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Oculus Quest 2

Zet2008
Level 2

Hi, I just got the Oculus Quest 2 and it does not work

- screen starts with "remove plastic" from your battery 

- the "universal menu" seems to not be working (oculus button does work na right controller) - controller is clearly not paired (it's working OCULUS +B or OCULUS + Y cause it to be alive)

- because of this I cannot connect to the WIFI directly

- seems you cannot re-pair the controller to the Oculus without mobile app

- seems you can connect Oculus to WIFI via mobile app

- mobile app was installed on two android based phones

- both mobile oculus apps cannot connect successfully to the Oculus because the application on oculus (firmware?) is too old and require update via WIFI

- installed Oculus app on PC - it's connecting to the Oculus but it does not allow setting the WIFI for Oculus

- downloaded older versions of oculus mobile app but you cannot log in with them ("your app is too old")

so as conclusion:

- both controllers seems to be unpaired (brand new Oculus)

- Oculus application (firmware?) on Oculus itself is too old  for current version of mobile and does not connect successfully

- you cannot connect to WIFI without R controller or app

- my brand new Oculus is good looking brick

Thank you for your time and help

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! We see you're experiencing difficulties getting started with Quest 2, but don't worry, we've got your back. Let's get you all set up so you can start your journey and enjoy the VR experience. Please take the following steps:

• Check that the Oculus mobile app is up to date.
  • Use only one phone to pair the controllers and headset, using multiple devices will not work.
  • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the Oculus mobile app.
  • Restart the headset.
  • Check that you have a strong WiFi connection.

Please let us know if this was of assistance. If you continue to have problems, please let us know so that we can look into other options and get you taken care of.