cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to Facebook account

shadow7685
Level 2

My Facebook account that was linked to my oculus quest 2 was banned for no reason, I don’t even use Facebook and I only made it for my vr. Since my Facebook account was banned so is my oculus so now I can’t play anything and I can’t even sign in or do anything to get it unbanned. Please help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AsgardsFinest
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hello @shadow7685!

Have you tried reaching out to support yet? They can give you a hand with that. Give this link a follow to send in a chat and work with an agent. 😎

Keep in mind, they'll only be able to help with your Meta account and headset. They don't have access to Facebook accounts or processes, but can get you into your headset with access to your games while you wait for Facebook to complete their side of things.

As far as getting your Facebook account secured and under control, here's a few useful links to get you to the right folks.

Facebook Help Center - This is the main splash page. Head here for general assistance.

Recover your account - Here's something a bit more specific.

My personal account was disabled - This may be the exact page you need, give this one a shot too. 🤙

Hacked and Fake accounts - This is another useful link, specifically for when you think you may have been hacked.

I hope this helps and wish you the speediest of account recoveries!

Ad Astra Per Aspera, Trooper.

View solution in original post

257 REPLIES 257

Weavus
Level 4

Got my Quest 2 today and created a new Facebook account with my real name (never had one previously) and merged my 4 year old Oculus account with it. Promptly got banned 10 minutes later and now cannot access my account or use my device.

Sent drivers license photo ID as requested by Facebook and my account now says "We have already reviewed this decision and it can't be reversed." upon trying to login so it looks like I've lost all my previous Oculus purchases and now have a new white paperweight.

I didn't use a VPN, I only used real information and the email was never used before for Facebook. 

Oculus support have not responded to my support ticket yesterday so I'm going to return the Quest 2 and work out how I can do chargebacks on everything I've purchased on the Oculus store in the last 4 years for my CV1 which I can no longer use.

vcy5qywrz5ly.png
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Winter is Coming

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I see on your Reddit thread that Oculus Support reached out to you about 8 hours ago and offered to look into your situation. Did you respond to them, and have they done anything yet?

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

nalex66 said:

I see on your Reddit thread that Oculus Support reached out to you about 8 hours ago and offered to look into your situation. Did you respond to them, and have they done anything yet?

How come they didn't reach out to him here so that people here can see what to do in future? Also, can Oculus Support get a Facebook ban lifted?

RedRizla said:
How come they didn't reach out to him here so that people here can see what to do in future? Also, can Oculus Support get a Facebook ban lifted?

This is seen by some parties within Facebook as being a "difficult" forum - so they focus on getting the message across on spaces they feel more comfortable on - such as the closed Oculus Facebook forum, or even Reddit!!
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

nalex66 said:

You know thats just a bot right, not a human?

Anyway, I already emailed Oculus many hours ago... can't post a link to the proof on this comment but its on the Reddit post.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

RedRizla said:

nalex66 said:

He posted on Reddit 14 hours ago, and Oculus support posted in his thread 11 hours ago. His post here is only 3 hours old, and Oculus support is on west coast time, meaning its still 7:30 in the morning for them, so they probably haven't seen this post yet.

Weavus said:

nalex66 said:

You know thats just a bot right, not a human?

Anyway, I already emailed Oculus many hours ago... can't post a link to the proof on this comment but its on the Reddit post.

I know people on Reddit say that OculusSupport is a bot, but I also know that the when support staff reply here using the Oculus Support username, they are real people.

I genuinely want to see your situation resolved, because auto-bans and automated final reviews are just not acceptable when an Oculus account with multiple hardware and software purchases has been merged into the Facebook account.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

One step closer to that class action lawsuit.