cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not letting me choose the default location for my files

KeresNecronyn
Level 2

I'm having issues choosing a file for the desktop oculus app.
I've been trying for hours trying to figure out why the desktop app is not letting me choose a file location for the app. I choose a location in my files and it either shows up with "you don't have permissions" or " an unexpected error occurred. please try again later."
I've tried different file locations and I choose my main location for all my desktop apps but the oculus app isn't seeing or accepting my files>
I'm lost and confused

2 REPLIES 2

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @KeresNecronyn, we're here to help! The Oculus PC app will install on your C: drive by default, but you can definitely install the app on a different drive. You'll want to make sure that the new system drive has sufficient free disk space and is formatted to use the NTFS file system, and then you can follow the steps here to install to that drive!

We hope those steps help you get the app installed on your PC! Let us know if it works, or if you need any further help. We're here for you!

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again! We just wanted to check that you were able to download the PC app with the steps we provided. Let us know if so, or if you need any help!