cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Air Link won't connect to my computer

Bucky-Quack-Mucky
Honored Guest

When I try to connect my Oculus Quest 2 to my computer, The computer does not detect my Oculus Headset. Please help

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Bucky-Quack-Mucky,

Don't worry! You called for help and we're here!

When your computer wont recognize the Oculus Link please try:

• Reinstalling the Link driver on your computer.  

You can find the installable Oculus driver file at the following path: c:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers\oculus-driver.exe.

I will include a Oculus Support article for you to refer to for additional information for Troubleshooting Oculus Link. 

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and you continue to run into the same issue please submit an Oculus Support ticket so that we can look further into this issue for you.

Have a great week!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you for replying.

But your advice did not work, i even went out and bought an Oculus Link chord and it still did not connect.

Thank you in advance.

Hey Bucky-Quack-Mucky, 

We appreciate you working with us on this, we still want you to be able to game. We're not giving up!

Please attempt these additional troubleshooting steps, hopefully this will resolve your issue.

• Disable airlink on the headset and the airlink toggle will be replaced for the wired one.
  • Make sure both your Oculus PC software and Oculus device is updated

If you still can't enable Oculus Link after updating your software, you can try these troubleshooting tips:
    • If you don't see Add Quest as the device on the PC software, log out of the PC software and log back in.

• If you don't see the Enable Link pop-up on the PC software, log out of the PC software and log back in.

• If you don't see the Enable Link option under Settings on Quest, completely power off the headset and restart it.

We’re aware of an issue where Oculus Link fails to connect compatible laptop models to Quest. Until a more permanent fix is ready, restarting your PC can often fix the issue temporarily.

Lastly, once you attempted the troubleshooting steps and you continue to need assistance, please submit an Oculus Support ticket we'll be able to do more research on your issue.

Enjoy the rest of your day! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

shadriane99
Honored Guest

nevermind lol

Try this, connect your Quest 2 using USB to your PC but don't turn off your Oculus Air Link on your Quest 2 and open Oculus Apps on your PC then try connect new device via USB.

AngeloVestieri
Honored Guest

My connection to my PC stopped working one day. I figured out that it was blocked by Firewall on that PC. Just an idea for others.

Thank you for the suggestion! We do agree this is an important step for Air Link connection issues, we have also found that sometimes a VPN or antivirus can case similar issues as something to keep in mind for future case! 

Iswa83
Honored Guest

Can you tell me what app did you allowed through Firewall?
I've tried allowing:
OVR Redir

OVR Service Launcher

OVR Server_x64.exe

still not working...