cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go not pairing with phone anymore

guitargirl78
Honored Guest

I bought my Oculus Go back in 2018 and been using it for sometime now. Suddenly today when I turned it on, it was stuck with showing the 3 dots. I did a factory reset on the headset. Uninstalled and reinstalled the oculus app on my phone, I restarted both headset and phone multiple times. After I log into the oculus app on the phone and tried to add a new device, it detects the oculus go serial number but it is no longer able to pair with the oculus headset on Bluetooth. I have tried multiple times now to restart and reconnect over Bluetooth. Wifi is also enabler on my phone.  Both phone and headset are fully charged. Now I do not know what to do anymore to get the headset working.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Update;

I got a new Oculus iPhone app update today; ver 217.0

I managed to connect the headset and chose to finish the setup (I had done a factory reset beforehand, which I now wish I had not done).  It was all a bit of a fiddle using the phone app to pair and select the wifi network and go though the safety vids, but it did finally work ok.

I managed to download and test about 9 apps and they all seem to work ok (or ok given it's a Go, lol!).  The only feature I've lost is the Virtual Environments options.  Nothing shows up, even after a few restarts, and I just get a greyish void.  No real big deal.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Maybe make sure your Go and Phone are on exactly the same network (both either 2.4 or 5Ghz).  You should be able to pair w/bluetooth.  Maybe try again and see if you are prompted to enter a code or something.  Sorry, all I can think of.  Good luck mate.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

It was not a problem with wifi network as it did not even get to the step of setting up wifi. Phone and headset need to pair on Bluetooth first, which was not working. 

I finally resolved this issue by doing another hard factory reset on the headset but this time by pressing the power and the -volume button. After that the setup went by fine.

asrichardson60
Honored Guest

having the same issue.  Purchased two oculus headsets back in 2018 and neither one are working now.  Tried contacting oculus and its ridiculous.  When you try to go to contact support, it just keeps going back to the main screen.  No numbers or emails to contact anyone.   Unacceptable Oculus!!!!!

Same problem here. Did a factory reset (- volume and on button ) now Oculus Go wont pair with app on phone. Tried resetting a few time without any luck. Do we now bin our Oculus Go's ???

@wwwessie  Try uninstalling your phone app, then reinstall it and sign in.  After that try to connect it and your Go.  Make sure both are on the same wifi band and that your phone Bluetooth is turned on.

Awesome! Thank you for letting us know! 

We are all mad here.

Just did this and now my oculus go is working again, thank you

Hi - How did you download that link? I have tried doing it but nothing downloads when I press download after the link. (from my phone). I have tried all the tricks but nothing.... Can find it in the Apps Store either? Any ideas? Thanks