cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Suddenly Not Working

SigPiggy31
Honored Guest

SPECS:  Microsoft Windows 10 Home, Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

I have been using my 3rd party link cable for ages, and it lets me charge my headset just fine even after the incident i had. for some random reason today, I was kicked out of oculus link and when i try to connect it kicks me out after 10 seconds of loading ands says "Pc Disconnected" And that happens every time i try to connect to oculus link. everything else works seamlessly too! Also my oculus wont let connect to air link even after it is enabled and i have met the requirements and i have used it before. it just infinitely pairs.  i am in the process of buying a new link cable

Things I Have Tried:

1, Updating Oculus software (pc and headset) 

2, restarting pc

3, Plugging into different ports

4, Restarting oculus quest 2

i just wanted to play MSFS2020 😟😟

1 REPLY 1

Crazy_Sane
Superstar

Hi Sig,

It may be because of an update. Try this.

Go into the settings in the PC app and find the version number. From memory, it's at the very bottom of the about tab In the settings.

Then go into the same settings in your headset and find it's version number.

If these don't match, you can't use link. And the updates can be days apart. It's rather inconvenient and I'd hoped Oculus would have sorted this by now. It's been happening since the beginning. And if this is the case, you just have to wait until the other device updates.

But if it's not that, it may well be your cable. But Airlink should still work, which makes me think you have different software versions. But you could also try updating your graphics drivers.