Uninstalled and re-installed Oculus software plus the PTC, and also the USB Hub and Root Hub Controllers, plus disabled Power Management. Disabled the 'Thunderbolt' in the Bios, so USB-C ports act as normal USB 3.2. ALL MB drivers have been updated, plus Nvidia, and Windows 10. Tried ALL the USB 3.2 and USB 2.0 ports using a good quality data USB-C to USB-A cable. The USB-C ports work perfect with other devices, so how can the brand new ROG Maximus XIII Hero motherboard be faulty? I have already sent a Diagnostic to Oculus support and has got back to me and said ''This tells us that the conflict is coming from a failure on your hardware''? This has been dismissed as no further action from Oculus. HOW can Oculus dismiss this, without any attempt to explain why, or try and come to a solution, not even to say that your technicians will investigate this further? Hundreds of these Intel 11th Gen CPU Z590 motherboards must have been sold. Are Oculus going to get a flood of problems, ones with the Quest 2 with the Link problems on these motherboards? The Oculus Link cable DOES charge the Quest 2, BUT with the error 'USB device not recognised' and then check 'Device Manager' that shows 'Oculus Device / [!] Oculus XRSP Interface' The '!' mark indicates a Oculus driver problem? IT HAS TO BE. I WILL NOT GIVE UP, I will continue to flood ALL the Forums, Facebook, et, et with this problem. PLEASE, PLEASE come up with a solution Oculus, or at LEAST try!
I now have an alternative fix, thanks to Oculus Air Link. It seems to work well, and even though I can not compare with the cable Link, the quality seems to be 'on par'. Hopefully a fix can be found with Oculus and Win 10 not recognising the USB Link, maybe with a new driver, et, but as the Air Link works well I am not that bothered.
I have the exact same issue. It happens on the Startech Type C expansion card as well. Quite perplexing. I wish AirLink was enough to solve my issue for now, but I intended to use it with the cable more than not. Haven't heard back from support yet but I expect the run around as well. I am constantly looking into this and will update what I find. Thanks for sharing your info.
Hi, today I was setting up Oculus link on my laptop and I ran into a similar problem. The day before I managed to do it successfully on my desktop, so I knew my cable wasn't the issue. I thought my port might have been broken so I switched to a USB 2 to USB C cable (to be specific the charging cable that came with the quest) and while running the setup in the oculus app it recognized my device. The best part is while I switched back to my link cable all of a sudden that worked. I also noticed that in my hardware list the oculus/usb port itself was assigned as a mass storage device so that might be the bug causing it. Anyway I hope it helps.