cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus PC App won't install. NOT ENOUGH SPACE error.

Singe69
Honored Guest

Trying to install the Oculus PC App on my laptop and keep getting the NOT ENOUGH SPACE on my PC error even though I have more than enough space to cover the 15.3 GBs required. What's going on and how can I fix this?

19 REPLIES 19

How do you create a virtual drive?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This feels like reasons why not to trust Facebook/Tone death Meta

bruh

i dont trust facebook but this is no reason against facebook, this has been an oculus bug for a while.

No this doesn't work, the same error happens for any modern drive. And by modern I mean over 10 years old. Holy **** is this really the current situation as of 2022?? The oculus software will not install to a regular a** Windows 10 drive no matter which drive you specify? And they act completely ignorant of the problem? I assume no one at Oculus is running Windows 10 then?

http://thedailydeveloper.com/step-by-step-how-to-fix-oculus-not-enough-space-install-error/

Really? I have to create a VHD file purely just for the high and mighty Oculus software to be installed to? REALLY??

The woke mob isn't smart enough to recognize dynamic drives. So much for a technology company. I'd be surprised if they even support windows 11 yet

ive tried that and it deosnt work 

Sukiwyatt
Honored Guest

Thanks this was SOOO helpful!

SGT_Jagermeister
Honored Guest

LOL, I am not creating a Virtual drive for Meta. This is at least a 6 year old Oculus software bug. I guess I will just keep getting my games from Steam and using Virtual Desktop for my Quest 3. Maybe one day Meta will get wise and fix this very basic issue.

sergei.glikstein
Honored Guest

Fix your stuff Facebook! Just make a new software that just connects to steamVR, without too much hassle, thanks!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?