cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Stuck in bootloop

Zittrich
Honored Guest

Hello, I know many people have had this problem before, but it seems like mine is stuck even more badly than in any tutorial I have found.

I left my Oculus Quest 2 in the shelve for a couple months. Recently I put it on the charger and it started to flash the oculus symbol instead of booting. It only does this when I put it on the charger and stops as soon as I plug it out. I cant open the (Start Button and - Button) Menu and I cant access any of my files with my PC. The only possible solution I have found is putting it on the charger and waiting. Is that really the only thing I can do or is there like a physical factory reset I can do like with some android tablets? 

Thanks for the help already 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

Zittrich
Honored Guest

Also adding to this: I can not turn my VR Headset on when its not plugged in. In that case it just does nothing.

Hi there! We would love to assist you with this! Yes, using this link here you can see the many ways that you can factory reset your device. Here you can see how to activate the Cloud Backup that allows you to keep gameplay progress. 

Let us know how this works for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi again! We just wanted to follow up with you and see if you were able to try those trouble shooting steps that we suggested?

We look forward to providing further assistance if needed.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I can't turn on cloud backup because when my quest is boot looping I can't get to menu.

Hey there! We see you're having trouble getting your cloud backup enabled. We know how this feels, and we'd hate for you to lose any data. Luckily all purchased games and apps will remain tied to your account and can be redownloaded following a factory reset! The best option for boot issues is a factory reset, however if you continue having issues please reach out to our support team so we can look into this further for you!

PyleFamily20
Honored Guest

My oculus quest two is stuck in a boot loop but I don’t want to factory reset it, and I have a few questions on the factory reset. One is can we sign in to the same account that we used for the headset? When I turn on the headset and put it on the screen turns black for a few minutes and then it resets. I’ve tried to turn it off and back on but nothing happens. If you could help me that would be great. Thank you

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hey, @PyleFamily20! We just wanted to hop on by to knock the fluff back into your tail that this boot loop issue has taken away. So that we can get to the bottom of this, go ahead and hit up our amazing support team. We will have more tools to better assist you via our support site.