cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 headset not pairing with phone after reset

theindianlad12
Honored Guest

Hi ,

I was unable to use my pattern to get into the headset, hence performed a factory reset via the headset.

But since then, the headset does not pair with the phone app. 

The headset shows a pairing code but when inserting this code on the app, the app states that the headset is already paired!

I have tried the falling:

-resetting the headset

- deleting/re-installing the app

Any suggestions will be great - as this one will prove to be an expensive paperweight!

14 REPLIES 14

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We see you're having some phone/device pairing issues. We know this can be frustrating but, we are here to help. Please make sure that you set up you device with the same account that you're logged into on your app. You can go to https://auth.meta.com/settings on your mobile or desktop app and log out if you are in the wrong account. Next, you can either log in with the correct account information or start over using different log in information and factory resetting your headset. 

Please let us know if you need additional help! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

theindianlad12
Honored Guest

Hi, still unable to pair the headset to the app. Don't want to log on with a different account as if I do, I will lose all the apps I have purchased - this is correct, isn't it?

Any other suggestions?

Alienor.2022
Explorer

Hello,

I am sorry but I experience the same issue : being unable to sync my Apple Iphone with the VR Quest 2 headset. I find it amazing reading the comments to be obliged to install manually lib on my computer to update the headset. What proves me this lib are accurate and that I do not download a virus ; or a SW not approved by Meta hence damaging my Warranty rights.

Please provide me with a workaround including only my iphone and the VR headset.

(I tried everything in the book so far : full charge, reset, re-install app ; bla bla bla)

Hey! We do want to clarify that you'll not lose any of your purchased apps, these are connected to your personal account.

If you run into any issues, please reach out to our PM's so we can better assist.

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there! We're checking in to see if you were still having issues with your headset pairing to your app.

We're always here to help!

Still not pairing.

We know the importance of resolving this issue, so you can get back into the fun.

Please reach out to our PM's or support team, so we can provide a helping hand.

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Alienor.2022
Explorer

Hello Oculus support,

I tried to perform a factory reset, again, still not pairing after common workarounds.

When do you think your firmware updates would be available ?

Kind regards,

Hey there! We appreciate your patience and understanding. For the time being, we do not have any information on when a firmware update will be available. We can assure you that our High Tech Team is working hard to get the solution to this. Once there is a solution for this and you are still experiencing this issue, you can get in contact with our Meta Store Support and get in contact with our awesome agents! 

In the meantime, please check our forums and website to get updated when this solution is out. You can even try the workarounds our amazing community has provided through the forums. 

We hope this finds you well and will be patiently waiting for this solution as well!