cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 not charging

Dragoneyr
Explorer

I cannot submit a support ticket, it refers me back to store.facebook.com, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to describe my problem here.

My name is Patrick, I've bought my Oculus Quest 2 at that time around Halloween of 2021 and my headset refuses to charge. I've tried with the official out of the box charger + cable, after which I've tried with the official charger and my own cable, my own charger with official cable and my own charger + cable. None of the options worked. Unplugged my wall socket, outlet, redid, changed wall outlet with all 4 combinations as mentioned earlier, nothing, just a battery icon with no charge in it, with an electric discharge sign.

It refuses to boot up. 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! We're sorry to hear you had a hard time navigating the new site. We'd be happy to assist you so you can get in touch with our support team. If you visit the site on a desktop, you'll see 'Support' in the top right. If you hover over Support, a drop down menu will appear where you can select 'Meta Quest'.

From this selection, you will be taken to a new page where you will find a blue button to 'Get Support'. Once you select Get Support, select Meta Quest again. From here, you'll be able to select 'Meta Quest 2, 'Headset', 'Charging or Power', and then select the issue you're having. You should see some articles to help troubleshoot your issue, but if none of those work you'll press "This doesn't solve my issue". On the next screen you'll be able to reach out to our support team via chat, email, or WhatsApp.

We hope these steps help get you in contact with our team. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

Hey guys! If you have tried charging with another cable, charger, or outlet for 2 or more hours and nothing has changed, the last step would be to do a factory reset. If the issue still persists, please PM us so we can further look into it. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

The hard reset and letting the device charge over night cleared up the error of only charging to 30%. Thanks for following up!

31 REPLIES 31

Dragoneyr
Explorer

I would like to add to it I've been wanting to send my Quest 2 back, but I don't see an option to do that anywhere, so bonus kudos if that could also be answered on how to do that in case the replies don't work out - which I have a faint feeling that it won't.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! We're sorry to hear you had a hard time navigating the new site. We'd be happy to assist you so you can get in touch with our support team. If you visit the site on a desktop, you'll see 'Support' in the top right. If you hover over Support, a drop down menu will appear where you can select 'Meta Quest'.

From this selection, you will be taken to a new page where you will find a blue button to 'Get Support'. Once you select Get Support, select Meta Quest again. From here, you'll be able to select 'Meta Quest 2, 'Headset', 'Charging or Power', and then select the issue you're having. You should see some articles to help troubleshoot your issue, but if none of those work you'll press "This doesn't solve my issue". On the next screen you'll be able to reach out to our support team via chat, email, or WhatsApp.

We hope these steps help get you in contact with our team. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Yup. That did the trick. I thank you very much! Let's see if everything is going to be hunky dorry now 🙂

I have a no charging headset. The chat box is not manned, no return address  ,no phone number, ne email address. 

What to do and no where to go.

Can I send it for repair please somewhere in UK.

9 months old unit only.

Easy to buy. A nightmare to get it looked at.

Twitter might help ?

Dragoneyr
Explorer

Not even 5 months later and I am experiencing the same issues with this headset as I did with the last one. This must be a faulty production process

Apologies, it's about 8 months later, I was using the European way of date writing

Hey there, @Dragoneyr! We hate to hear that you are having trouble with your headset not charging. We know how having to deal with this can take away from the overall VR experience, and we're happy to look into this with you! 

• Have you tried using different cables and charging boxes, as well as different outlets?
  • Do any lights come on when the headset is plugged in to charge?
  • Have you tried rebooting your headset?

Please provide as much information as you can about what you are experiencing. Once we have more information, we will be able to better assist you!

Hey again! We're just checking in to see if you were still needing some assistance with your headset charging issues. If so, don't hesitate to reach back out and we'll look into some possible options! 

Dragoneyr
Explorer

Hia there. I have been helped by the support team. Your recommendations have been put through there as well, and the steps did not help - as they did back during the first time I received my new RMA. I have now received the same instructions, which is sending it back and get the RMA one again

I don't think I'll be lucky the next time this will happen, as the 2 year anniversary of my original headset is coming up - implying the end of my warranty. Thank you so much for giving the initial boost to reach the official support lines in the first place!