cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 suddenly not connecting

Connorfeb2022
Level 2

I’ve been playing on my Oculus Quest 2 for about a month with no issues.  I’m completely signed up and have even paid for and downloaded a few games.  

Suddenly today when I turned it on, it wants me to sign in with my Facebook information.  I thought that was odd, why does it want that?  It has my email I use with my Facebook already there but greyed out so I can’t change it.  Then below it wants my password.  So I enter that and I get an error message in orange color font that says, “This device is connected to an existing account. Log into this account or reset the device to use a different one. Visit support.oculus.com for more info.“

I don’t get why it’s saying that.  I only have one email and password for this specific device.  There is only one account for it.  What does it mean when it says it’s already connected to an existing account?  If it’s already “connected” then why is it asking me to enter my password in to connect?

I’m so annoyed with this stupid thing.  Why do we need to be connected to a Facebook account and an Oculus account?  It’s so **bleep** confusing.  I just want to play on this thing!  😡

914 REPLIES 914

Hello user_623099584829304. Thanks for reaching out. We understand your concerns regarding noting being able to to log into your Oculus app. Not to worry, we're aware of this and are working digitally to get this issue resolved as quickly as we can. 

If you have any other questions and concerns please reach out again. We're always happy to help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah so many people have created new accounts - hopefully they'll restore all of our original accounts with all our content.

similar s*** here as my headset wont even power on 

Hi there! Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We are currently looking into this and will get back to you as soon as we have a resolution. Thank you for your patience as we work through this.

GrayShadow99
Level 2

The latest update and merged account deleted friends list.  Will this be fixed quickly?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

if we wont get stuff back they pretty much have to give us a refund for everything we have bought

but im pretty sure we are going to get our accounts back but if not and we wont recive refunds there is going to be alot of critics and alot of people are prob going to sue meta.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are looking into the situation, and will get back to you once it's resolved. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter!

Anonymous
Not applicable

i were going crazy aswell. But just realised that there is alot of people with the same problem. So meta pretty much have to fix this, and if they wont give us our accounts or refund for our stuff they are not going to be so popular anymore just telling

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, I think they will be able to get all data back!

Anonymous
Not applicable

i think you will get your account back, but if we wont get it back and either not get a refund there is going to be a hard time for meta. I wish you the best of luck to get your games back