cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest screen shows the 3 dots, Oculus Logo, and plays audio. Afterwards, always black.

JStrike117
Honored Guest
When turning on my quest it plays its normal loading sequence of dots and the logo and the audio, but then the screen is only black and I can't see controllers at all either. I have factory reset it 6 times - three from my phone and three using the volume buttons. It happened after I was wearing the quest and using the passthrough system when it is looking for a guardian setup. (was using this to test if I could go a whole day wearing the headset)  the screen turned black and I had audio still and the battery was still about 30% according to my phone. I can't find a fix anywhere and the resets do not help. Does anyone know what to do?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
Since you already did a factory reset I would suggest to try to get a replacement. 
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

View solution in original post

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
If it is Amazon contact them via chat. I am sure they will help you out. But keep in mind the device is out of stock until February. 
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
Since you already did a factory reset I would suggest to try to get a replacement. 

Piperye
Protege
Same thing happened to me, it was working fine, then suddenly this problem, then I noticed, if I pressed the unit against my head, the screen lit up,  it turns out the problem was the silicone cover I had installed over the face pad, I think it was somehow interfering with the sensor in the head unit, I removed it, and it hasn't happened since.

JStrike117
Honored Guest

h.r.gargi said:

How would I send in my Oculus Quest to have them review it? I purchased it through Amazon and I have owned it for just over two months now so I don't think I can send it back to amazon. Where should I go?

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
If it is Amazon contact them via chat. I am sure they will help you out. But keep in mind the device is out of stock until February. 

MagnusHorn
Explorer

For me the problem is solved! It was the new silicon mask/face eye, I put on and that obscured the « presence detector » that turned off the screen thinking I wasn’t wearing it.

Thanks for this hint! I was starting to have the same problem. First few times a factory reset seemed to have fix it,  but that was just a fluke. On further inspection it seems like it's actually the mask covering the presence detector causing strange behavior like this!

This is the exact solution

BeingJatin
Honored Guest

In worst case scenario, just clean the presence detector with a micro fibre cloth and you are good to go

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?