cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift CV1 Blank in left eye

OssingtonAvenue
Honored Guest

I'm trying to get an Oculus Rift CV1 to work, and no matter what I do I can only get an image out of the right eye. The left eye is blank/black.

I have tried this in a 6700K system with a 1050ti, and I have tried this in an r5 3600 system with an RX 480 8GB. In either system I have used HDMI to the card's HDMI port, as well as trying an HDMI-DVI adapter, and neither worked.

I have also tried to use every combination of USB 3 and USB 2 ports, to no avail.

I have restarted each computer, over and over, and I have uninstalled the Oculus software, deleted the folder in Program Files, emptied the trash, restarted the computer, and reinstalled the software.

I have updated my video drivers on both computers.

I have tried to clicks 'update drivers, search automatically' on my USB devices in Device Manager, and this has not worked either.

I have pulled the cord out of the headset, and I have re-seated it, and this did not work.

I have also tried going into an application (Google Earth for Oculus), and it was still only the right eye working.

It's a shame, as the unit is otherwise pristine, and the one eye and tracking seems to work without any issues.

Is this a defective unit / defective cord? Should I give up on this unit?

Any advice would be helpful. I'd love to enjoy this device.

Thanks, 

- James

7 REPLIES 7

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

You might contact oculus support and see if they have any further suggestions, although it sounds like you have tried just about everything.  Could be a problem with your cable but impossible to say for sure and pretty hard to find spares, maybe eBay?

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

nalex66
MVP
MVP

If nothing you’ve tried gives an image in the left eye, then it’s almost definitely a problem with the headset itself. The CV1 has one screen for each eye, rather than a single screen showing both eye images like Rift S, Go, and Quest 2. Seems like the left screen is dead.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

@nalex66 I don’t think .it’s definitely a dead screen but it possibly could be, or maybe a screen ribbon cable has popped off in transit?  Who knows?  Hopefully the person who bought it can get a refund.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there OssingtonAvenue,

We're sorry to hear you're continuing to have issues with your left eye appearing blank/black. Don't worry we'll get you in the right direction to get back to gaming soon!

Thank you for attempting multiple troubleshooting steps. Please submit us your Oculus Logs, as well as the troubleshooting steps you attempted by opening an Oculus Support ticket. We will take a deeper look into what's causing the problem and discover the best available options for you.

We look forward to getting to the bottom of this for you.

Have a great weekend!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

NerdScicion
Honored Guest

Hi! Did you solve it? Same issue here but its my right display.

Hi there, @NerdScicion! Thanks so much for pointing this out to us. We definitely want to make sure our users get the VR experience they deserve! We'd like to ask a few questions, just to get a better idea of your computer setup so that we can troubleshoot this accordingly.

• Have you checked the USB cable for any damage? (i.e., wear and tear, kinks in the cable, etc.)
  • Have you checked the USB port for any physical damage?
  • Has there been any physical damage to the headset? Has it been dropped or neglected at any time?

After you provide us with those details, we'll be able to assist you further. We're looking forward to hearing from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi again @NerdScicion! We hope you're having a good day so far. We just wanted to check in with you and see if you were still having issues with your display on your Rift. If you still need any assistance, please don't hesitate to get back to us so we can continue working towards a resolution with you! Have a phenomenal day!