cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TV: All my 180 SBS photos and videos appear as 2D images

vicviper
Level 2

IMG_20220621_160641_00_425_LQ.jpgI have lots of photos and videos I created with Insta360 Evo stereo camera, which are then converted to SBS Jpegs and Mp4s by the application that comes with the camera.

Then I transfer all these photos to the quest using the USB cable, so I am watching them as local content.

The first time, all images appear as 2D images. and I have to manually switch them to 180 SBS, which is extremely painful because I have to do it on every image, one by one.

- Why OculusTV is unable to detect these images are stereo SBS?

- Is there a way to set image metadata so OculusTV will recognize the images as 180 SBS?

- is there a way to add some sort of json configuration to accompany every image so it will be recognized?

2 REPLIES 2

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Having Oculus TV will recognize the images as 180 SBS is not a current feature of the app. We love ideas especially when it can improve the customer experience. Feel free to post this idea HERE.

vicviper
Level 2

Thanks for your answer but I can't accept handling this issue as an "idea":   The fact that Oculus TV is unable to identify and display media correctly is a bug.