cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Virtual Audio Device constant signal in sound settings

HagenKL
Honored Guest

Hey,

i am using the Quest 2 on my PC via Airlink and the Oculus Desktop App.

After installing the Software the Microphone has a constant signal sending, even when the quest 2 is off.

It also causes the sound settings to lag when switching tabs, which is not the case when the virtual audio device is deactivated. Any way to fix this? To add to this (probably unrelated) my microphone audio in games like VRChat is visibly delayed in contrast to my hand movement.

Regards,

Hagen

HagenKL_0-1668998663682.png

12 REPLIES 12

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @HagenKL. Good thing we're here to help and we're also glad you're using our Quest 2 to its fullest potential! For the audio still catching signal while the headset is off could be due to other device in the vicinity being on the same channel as the Airlink. Try turning off the devices and moving them away from the Airlink and computer. Also, can you please describe more about the audio lag and how it sounds and work? And what conditions leads to it popping up if you can think of any. Hope to hear back from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

HagenKL
Honored Guest

Hey,

the audio lag im sure has more to do with VRChat then with Airlink in particular, as its also present in Virtual Desktop, and also not there in Desktop mode. The Lag is when I look in a Mirror and my Avatar just moves and talks like a second after I said it. Its really visible and kinda annoying. As I said, only happens when using the Headset and could be a problem with Hardware limitations (as VRChat is known to always lag, although my friends dont have the problem) The other thing is the audio visual still being there when the headset is off. I have no other wireless device here and my Oculus just uses a dedicated 5Ghz Router that I plugged into my PC so there should be no issues whatsoever with the channels. I also have to mention, the Signal is still sending even when the Oculus is ON and no sound is being spoken. Its not being heard in any way, but its visible in Windows Sound Setting (Windows 10) which causes the settings window to lag every time I switch the tab to microphone as (I think) it tries to fetch the Microphone status but it just isnt available so it just shows it as halfway in the window. The issue was also there with the Headphones of the oculus every time I reinstalled, but the issue always resolves when I restart the PC. This doesnt work with the microphone and the virtual audio still is bugged.

I hope there is some way to fix any of this haha

my regards,

hagen

Hi @HagenKL.Have you tried un-pairing the headset from your PC from inside of VR?

As there's no way to un-pair from the PC, the only way to unpair is from your headset. On your headset, select Settings, Experimental Feature, Turn Air Link off. If this doesn't work, please contact us here. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

HagenKL
Honored Guest

Hey, I tried turning Airlink off inside the headset, instead of just powering it off via the button as I usually do. Either turning it off via the menu in airlink itself or in the normal home setting(standalone) didnt help. I searched for turn air link off in both experimental feature tabs (airlink and standalone), but couldnt find such a setting, it says I am on the newest firmware though, whats going on?

HagenKL
Honored Guest

To add: I also tried unpairing via the headset in the PC Software, but that did not resolve the issue. A clean reinstall also didnt help, I cant seem to find the culprit

HagenKL
Honored Guest

Another thing I observed: The audio lag seems to be the case with both Virtual Desktop and Airlink, but the audio driver issue (with the constant microphone input shown and the lag when switching from or to the virtual audio cable) seems to be solved by using Virtual Desktop. It would just be great if I would not have to use Virtual Desktop, as it just works not as well as Airlink for me in every other area.

Hey @HagenKL. Does this occur with any other apps or is it an exclusive problem for you when in VRChat? As far as the experimental option goes, can you try doing a factory reset and see if that brings back the option? If it want, you can go to our Meta Support Store as they will be able to assist you with better tools and can dive into your systems logs and see more than we can. Aside from that, we can do the best we can here!

HagenKL
Honored Guest

Hello,

I ended up using Virtual Desktop for a while, but now I found out Airlink is working way better for me again, in terms of visuals.

Now though Airlink still has this problem for me with the constant 50% signal, even though I am using a whole new computer now that has new drives and a new windows install and everything.

I did reset my quest numerous times as well.

It is not exclusive to VRChat, as the delay is the same in Discord and other problems.

The delay is not the main issue anymore though, I got used to it. The bigger problem is just the seeming driver issue that keeps these two visuals at 50% visually, even when the quest is not even connected.

grafik.pnggrafik.png