cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus link not working

gorilla_god999
Honored Guest

When i turn on my oculus and try to open oculus link it wont let me because it says searching for pc even thou i have air link disabled(my pc cant connect to it) soembody plz help

10 REPLIES 10

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

This may sound like a "no duh" thing, but do you have the Oculus app installed on your PC and linked to your account?

EDIT:

Also, are they both on the same network? My router provides a 2.4g wifi network and a 5g wifi network. When I accidentally had my Quest on the 2.4g network it couldn't detect my computer at all. Normally the 2.4g network is used for my home consoles such as Xbox One and PS4, while my PC and Quest 2 are on the 5g network. But I chose the wrong one when reconnecting after an internet outage.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

SolidVisocity
Honored Guest

do you know if your pc is vr ready

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

I know the PC requirements for Link and Air Link are a bit higher then for wired headsets like the Rift S or Vive's headsets.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there. We know how it feels to not be able to game with link issues. Let's see what we can do to help you.

Pixie40, it's correct that your network needs to be on the 5g network connection. As for Link compatibility, if you have at least the minimal requirements and don't have a graphics card that is not compatible, you should be ok. Air Link is now in the settings in the menu. You either use Air link or the Oculus Link to prevent any confusion. 

Can you please tell us the following to better assist you:

• What error messages, if any, do you see?
  • In what way is it not working, specifically?
  • When did the customer first notice this behavior?
  • Did any of the devices (phone, headset, PC) receive any updates?
  • Are you using the Oculus link or the Air Link?
  • Can you make sure your pc app and your headset are both on version 42.

Please make sure you are not using a Mesh network. Please make sure you are not using a VPN.

Once we have more information we can better assist you. We look forward to helping you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there. Just letting you know we're here if you still need assistance or have any questions!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi! 

I have the same problem as described in this thread, and was searching for an answer:

When I click on quest link it shows 'searching for pc' and nothing changes. I have been able to connect in the past, this problem only occurred today. I did not change anything in my computer setup, unless something was installed by windows and I'm not aware of it. I have tried all the usual fixes I could think of (restarting computer and the headset, unplugging and plugging the cable, reinstalled the driver). In the past this was fixing the problem straight away, but this time I have tried to do this multiple times and nothing works. 

Heya @timedistillery! I see you've already tried quite a bit of troubleshooting yourself and are still having trouble connecting to your PC. I'm happy to provide a couple more steps to try!

First, I'd like to provide the Link compatibility requirements just in case you haven't checked if your PC is fully compatible with Link. Just like @Pixie40 said earlier in this thread, the requirements for Link are a bit higher than those for just using the Rift or Rift S, so I want to make sure you're good to go!

The next thing I would recommend trying if you haven't is to repair the PC app. If there's something going on with the software for the app, this should fix it!

I'd also recommend checking that your headset is fully updated, and then reboot both your PC and your headset, and try connecting them again afterwards.

Please keep me posted if any of this helps!

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

Hi @BlueberrieSmoothie and thank you for your response! I'll go over the advice you gave in the order you suggested: 

1. check if your PC is fully compatible with Link. - I have been using Link for a few months before yesterday, and even though I had to restart computer and the headset from time to time for most of the time it was working. 

2.  trying if you haven't is to repair the PC app. Just run that - no change. 

3.   checking that your headset is fully updated. Checked, it's fully updated. (Forgot to mention yesterday I also updated the Oculus app on my mobile phone). 

Thanks for checking those things and for getting back to me! In order for the support team to get a closer look at your set up and determine what the best path is to getting it working again, I'd recommend either opening a support ticket yourself, or sending a PM to @MetaQuestSupport. That way you can get some in depth, one on one support for your specific set up!

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!