cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus rift sensors usb change randomly ?

RetroZen
Level 2

So for the past maybe 6-12 months iv noticed my vr going weird half way through playing or at random points . Iv now noticed that for some reason my sensors that are both plugged into USB 3.0 will randomly change and say they are now 2.0. I will unplug them and plug them back in again and they will say 3.0 again until they freak out again. At first I thought it was because I'm doing the 360 experiment and using an extension cable for one sensor but they are both switching . Iv tried updates and drivers iv tried every usb slot available with same results.  Anyone seen this? I play on CV2 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FunkyTanuki
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Sounds like it could be some wear on the cables. Pretty common for us gamers to go through hardware like clockwork. Head over to the support site, let them know what's going on in a support ticket and they'll get this sorted out. I'll drop the link HERE. Good luck!

"Swap meat for chrome, live a BD fantasy, whatever, but at the end of it all, it's the code you live by that defines who you are. " - Johnny Silverhand

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

FunkyTanuki
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Sounds like it could be some wear on the cables. Pretty common for us gamers to go through hardware like clockwork. Head over to the support site, let them know what's going on in a support ticket and they'll get this sorted out. I'll drop the link HERE. Good luck!

"Swap meat for chrome, live a BD fantasy, whatever, but at the end of it all, it's the code you live by that defines who you are. " - Johnny Silverhand