cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus stuck in boot loop

zenuphoria
Honored Guest

Hello,

I bought an Oculus Quest 2 about 3 months ago. I haven't used it too much but whenever I did use it, it functioned just fine. I didn't use it for about 2 months. However, just recently like a week ago I started to use it again. I've only been playing Vrchat on it. It was working just fine up until now.

2 days ago I was playing VRCHAT when the whole system suddenly crashed. After that, the whole headset had turned off. So I tried to turn it back on thinking Vrchat just lagged out. However, whenever I tried turning it on, it would show the logo and immediately shut off and will repeat this over and over as long as its plugged in. I looked it up to see if there are any solutions and found a bunch of other people have the same issue with their headset going through a boot loop. I've tried everything they suggested including factory resetting but the thing is whenever I try to factory reset, the whole headset will turn off after I select the option. Some instances when it turns back on, it will say 'Erasing' but then it will immediately shut off after a second. 

As I mentioned earlier, this whole booting loop will only occur when it's plugged in so I tried leaving it unplugged for about 4 hours to see if it will start up normally the next time I plug it in but it didn't do anything.

I also left it plugged in for over 10 hours to see if it'll magically fix itself. It only continued doing the boot loop during the duration I kept it plugged in. Also, whenever it is plugged in, there's a flashing orange light so I assume the battery is low. Some solutions online suggested letting the battery drain out and try recharging to 100% but the thing is, whenever the headset is unplugged, it does nothing. It doesn't turn on nor does it do the boot loop. 

I tried factory resetting through the app but it won't recognize the headset. I've also tried plugging it into different outlets to see if it was a power or outlet issue. 

In the meantime, I also opened a ticket with customer support to see if they'd be able to help but getting a response takes 2 business days so hence why I am making a forum. 

13 REPLIES 13

cstephens28
Honored Guest

I'm having the same problem and have an open ticket as well.  

OneTrueMorty
Explorer

Yep I'm having the exact same problem and have found no solutions @MetaQuestSupport Please advise! my Oculus is brand new and this started happening after updating to v27

Jm8464682
Explorer

Same just opened ticket 

Jm8464682
Explorer

Have you been helped mine is having the same issue when I woke up today getting worried they don't care wondering if they fixed your issue

Jm8464682
Explorer

Has anyone been helped by oculus yet

OneTrueMorty
Explorer

Oculus support was not able to help me and the only way I was able to fix it was to exchange my headset. I know that is not an option for everyone and I was only able to do so because I had just bought my headset and was in the store's exchange window. The only response I got from oculus was saying that they were looking into it and "thanked me" for my troubleshooting efforts meaning I had tried all that they would have suggested to do (factory reset) the other option that some people online suggest is to sideload previous versions but event that didn't seem to fix my issue so replacing it was the only thing that worked for me. However, there is some hope for those that still have this issue. Oculus has announced that there will be another update v28 that is coming soon that could potentially fix it. I haven't seen any exact dates but some say it might be this week or next, so you may just have to be patient. I know this sucks a lot because I have been there, but I hope it gets resolved for everyone soon! 

roryandtessa
Honored Guest

Same problem here. I’ve tried everything suggested, about to submit a ticket, but from the sounds of it, I will need to request a refund. It was purchased from Australia via Amazon so I don’t like my chances. 

Peachypastels
Honored Guest

I've tried everything its stuck in the boot menu... even tried factory reset nothing works. sucks, never installed any non oculus software on it never used SideQuest. its just broken im so sad. tried different things for days.

Hi there, we're glad you've brought this to our attention. We know how this is heavily dampening your Metaverse experience, it's important that we get this fixed. Please allow us to look deeper into this. If you'd so kindly submit a detailed ticket on our support site HERE. We will definitely look deeper into this issue for you, and explore possible other options for you. 

We want to make sure all members of the Meta family, are able to game enjoy our products to completion. We thank you for your patience and cooperation with us, we'll work on getting this handled for you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!