cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pc Problems

AutisticDucki
Honored Guest

I plugged my link cable into my pc and oculus but before I read anything I accidentally clicked the bottom prompt for it to allow access and now it doesn't even have an option to extract files from either or into eachother. And now anytime I try to link it, it doesn't give me that prompt

4 REPLIES 4

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@AutisticDucki wrote:

I plugged my link cable into my pc and oculus but before I read anything I accidentally clicked the bottom prompt for it to allow access and now it doesn't even have an option to extract files from either or into eachother. And now anytime I try to link it, it doesn't give me that prompt

Do a little google research on this well documented and repeated question (only surpassed by lost patterns and passwords) and/or contact oculus support I guess, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

ok so i figured out that i actually clicked Deny and dont ask again so how do i make it ask again

@AutisticDucki If you tried Fac resetting the headset. You can go ahead and try a clean install of the Oculus Home software:

1. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  2. Backup any necessary content.
  3. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  4. Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.
  5. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  6. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  7. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  8. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  9. Install Oculus Home again using the setup tool from our website here.
  10. Run Oculus Home as Admin.

Let me know if that does anything for ya!

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

@AutisticDucki wrote:

ok so i figured out that i actually clicked Deny and dont ask again so how do i make it ask again

Congratulations, at least you figured that out mate.  Now you can try getting a Developer account and enable this with your smartphone and then quick settings/system/developer and enable/disable this feature.  Otherwise a factory reset will also fix this.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers