cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pc reboots when trying to get my Oculus Rifk DK2 working

devid.sqid.1
Explorer

So.. today I've got myself an Oculus rift DK2 (of course used), and tried to figure out how to get some VR experience.

The first thing I've done was reading the manual. I noticed that oculus used specific cable which I don't have(usb+hdmi instead), but don't think its a big problem. I've done everything to set it up, plugged in into pc and it appeared in monitors(btw there weren't any pocture, don't know if it is OK). USB cable seems to be working, HDMI is 100% working.

Then I installed rift app, but it couln't find any sensors.(I forgot to plug in sensor's USB LOL, but understood it much later).

My next step was installing sdk 0.8, and it worked relatively well(NO). If I try to start config util, it says that everything's fine, blue light on sensor appears, and my pc restarts =/. Somehow several times I managed to start the util after shutting down my pc. But it said that sensor isn't avaliable. When I tried to 

I thought something's wrong with software, and tried to install older sdk(0.4.2 i think..) and after restart, my pc freezed on booting(fixed by using backup).

Now I can't install oculus app it says that there is some kind of problem(first time it worked, maybe something connected with cache or drivers).

Also, I've checked the windows event manager, and here is the oculus error:

devidsqid1_0-1629584890770.png

I can find headset and sensors in device manager, however, the headset itself seems to be several devices in HID category(and each of it uses microsoft drivers)

Now I think there are two possible ways of solving the problem: do something to make it work as it is, or somehow install the oculus app, and think that the second way might be easier.

My specs are GTX 1070 and R5 1600, 16G of ram DDR4, this should be more then enough.

If You have any thoughts about the topic, suggestions, or mabe your own experience with this kind of problems, feel free to answer.

Thanks for your attention.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

devid.sqid.1
Explorer

After few days of suffering.. I realized that the problem was in cable. Don't know how it gave me clear picture on monitor when i checked it, but now i tried this cable and saw green artifacts. That was the problem. After replacing cable, everything worked fine. Installed last version of sdk which told that headset not connected(but i could see the picture in it) then, installed steam vr which also works perfectly.
Hope this topic will help somebody. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

devid.sqid.1
Explorer

UPDATE
Managed to install oculus app(latest runtime). But couldn't find anything to run for test. Also couldn't do setup, but seems like it's ok for dk2. 

devid.sqid.1
Explorer

UPDATE
So.. I have good and bad news. I've managed to fix abscent image on the headset. Seems like there was something wrong with HDMI cable. Weird, as it worked for my screen, but let it be.

Bad news is that I still can't configure sensor. On SDK 0.8 it restarts my pc. I'll try to get newest SDK back, than look what's going on in steamVR. Now, it don't see the sensor. The up to date SDK told that headset isn't connected, and now I see why.

devid.sqid.1
Explorer

After few days of suffering.. I realized that the problem was in cable. Don't know how it gave me clear picture on monitor when i checked it, but now i tried this cable and saw green artifacts. That was the problem. After replacing cable, everything worked fine. Installed last version of sdk which told that headset not connected(but i could see the picture in it) then, installed steam vr which also works perfectly.
Hope this topic will help somebody. 

ale.typ
Honored Guest

Hey man.

I cant't help you with set up your headset cuz I have truble to make my own working on. Can you help me and other users to work this thru? 

Please reply on:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Support/Setting-up-DK2-at-2021-from-begining/td-p/896432

... or PM me