cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prescription lenses.

MrFraggle
Level 3
Is there a consensus of opinion on which company I should buy my lenses from?
WidmoVR
VR lens-eu
Lens-lab
11 REPLIES 11

lord_of_shred
Level 5
Consensus seems to be Widmo these days.
I bought a vr-lens-lab VR Frame (so the "glasses") not the inserts because I use them at work and at home and the inserts seemed to stupid to always "plug in" and "pull out" for switching the place of usage.
It was a bit costly (around 130€ with blue guard coating) but they were delivered in 13 days. Are comfortable to wear and fulfill their purpose. The downside is they make you look quite stupid and they feel a bit flimsy due to the plastic frame. Also the lenses themselves are a bit fragile (compared to my normal glasses) as they scratch rather easy. Aside from that I have no complaints.

FastForward352
Level 7
I can't tell about the other ones, but I own the WidmoVr ones since October and I'm VERY happy with them, I couldn't think of something better than that :smile:
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

lag0matic
Level 7
v66egyixxb9d.jpgirv02wqeln5n.jpgetkeg82ea1ed.jpghttps://www.ebay.com/itm/Oculus-Rift-CV1-Prescription-Lens-Adapter/273061752638?epid=926327877&hash=...

Then get #450021 from Zenni Optical.  Have whatever anti-glare/scratch/whatever coating you want on the lenses (they offer quite a bit)

I got the frame, + lenses with anti-scratch (didnt bother with other more expensive coatings)
With shipping and everything I have less than 45$ in the entire setup.

lag0matic
Level 7
I will add, the only downside I can see is that installation/removal is a bit fiddly, not something I'd want to do every time someone else wanted to use my rift. I live alone, so on the few occasions someones wanted to try my rift, its not been a huge deal, but it would be a pain if I lived with family.

FastForward352
Level 7
I ordered a new faceplate from VrCover, so I don't have to remove my WidmoVR lenses when someone else has to try it. I just change the faceplate :wink:
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

GregTampa
Level 3
i just re programmed the output to my perscription so when it renderes i dont need glasses.

lag0matic
Level 7

GregTampa said:

i just re programmed the output to my perscription so when it renderes i dont need glasses.

Explain how?

BrokenSymmetry
Level 7
I broke the frame of my last pair of glasses.

Now they are sitting firmly on two stacks of blu tack in my rift. Couldn't be happier with them.

SaturnsVoid
Level 4
I got mine from WidmoVR, I had no issues with customs tank god. They work fine and feel good quality, I would recommend them.