cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Facebook login to Oculus

drorkula
Explorer

My 15yo son has a Facebook/Oculus account merged but he forgot his Oculus password and now cannot login to Oculus and use his profile.

- When he tries to use "Forgot Password" in Oculus - the page says "You merged this Oculus account with Facebook account. Please go back and log in with Facebook

- When he tries to login to Oculus with Facebook he get's a message: "There is already an Oculus account associated with your Facebook email <email>. To log in with Facebook on all of your Oculus devices, you can merge your Oculus account with your Facebook account. Select Continue to start merging now." After pressing "Continue" he is redirected to the Oculus login page. 

step-1step-1step-2step-2step-3step-3

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We understand the inconvenience of not being able to log in and to keep getting looped around when doing the steps provided by the site, so lets see what we can do to get your son back into his account and get him back into the wonderful world of VR! We would first like to mention that when signing in, please make sure that you are using the "log in with Facebook option" or if you're already logged into Facebook separately, it should show up as "Continue as *Full Name*" to sign into your Oculus account using your Facebook account. We recommend to have Facebook signed in on another tab to hopefully get your Facebook account to already be signed in when attempting to sign into your Oculus account! 

We hope this helps! If not, please send us a private message where we will be able to take a deeper look into your account and provide some more steps to hopefully get your son back into his account! Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

drorkula
Explorer

thanks for your quick reply. It did not solve the problem - I sent a private message.

Bittersweetlemon
Honored Guest

This exact thing is happening to me if you do find a solution please post it here, thanks and good luck

Oculus support team solved the problem for me. I do not know what they had to do behind the scenes.