cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 1 Completely Black Screen/Three Dots

Dmonstr
Level 2

My Oculus Quest 1 has been stuck on a black screen for a few weeks now, and no solution I've found seems to work. Whenever I boot it up, the screen will show the Oculus logo for a few moments, and then the three loading dots. After that- nothing. When I press down the oculus logo on the right controller, I can see the loading circle that usually appears when you recenter. Other than that, I get a complete black screen. I've tried restarting my Quest, and even factory resetting, from both my phone and the boot menu. No fix seems to work. I don't know if it's a hardware issue or software issue. I haven't dropped my Quest a concerning amount of times, but I have used things like Sidequest/Virtual Desktop before. Has anyone experienced anything similar, and know a fix? Thanks in advanced.

5 REPLIES 5

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We understand how discouraging it may be when you're troubleshooting to no avail and we'd like to help! Please click here (https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport) or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We hope to hear from you soon! 

CoFlowVR
Level 3

Hi
I'm seeing the exact same behaviour on 3 of our Quest 1's, after installing an app using SideQuest.
Even a Factory Reset does not bring them back alive !!

Hi CoFlowVR! We do understand how jarring it might be not having your device working properly. In order to deep dive more into this we ask that you submit a ticket with our customer support.

Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Infinibyte
Level 2

Hi! I am having the same problem, but more severe. I sent details to the OculusSupport community manager in a personal message like suggested above. When can I expect to hear back? What responses have other users received?

NinjaCon
Level 2

I am having the exact same problem!  Have you been able to resolve the issue?