cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Elite Battery Strap closes on its own

Facy87
Explorer

Hello, 

I got the Elite Battery Strap. When trying to put the quest 2 on my head, i have the battery facing the ceiling for a moment. The weight of the battery causes the headstrap to 'close', meaning i have to adjust it again with the dial so that it fits over my head.

Is this normal? Shouldn't the position be fixed until I turn the dial? Do i have a broken headstrap?

Thanks,

Simon 

7 REPLIES 7

Cmarrero74
Honored Guest

Nope that seem to be normal. Mine does the same thing. 

Wow, to be honest that sucks and feels totally cheap. This means I have to adjust the strap via the dial everytime I put on the headset because it is to small again because it adjusted itself when I took it off the last time.

Can any official supporters confirm this?

@Facy87   Just something you get used to imho.  I've had my Elite strap with battery for almost a year now and it still works great.  I just loosen it fully before placing it on, adjust the facial interface placement on my face, then tighten the strap until it's secure (but not too tight).  I loosen it up again before taking it off.  The process becomes 2nd nature after a few days.  Cheers.

Edit;  Also remember to unplug the battery cable after using it because it tends to discharge itself.  If it's fully charged (100%) and you leave it plugged in overnight it will discharge down to 85-90%.  Again, something you just get used to. 

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Thanks for the answer and the tip with disconnecting the battery, did not know that!

Bobaphatt666
Honored Guest

I thought there was a ghost shrinking my headset every night 

bs852210
Honored Guest

I'm almost certain this is not supposed to happen. Mine did not do this until about a month ago and I've had the headset for several months now. It is very irritating. I found this post after searching Google to find out if anyone else had this problem.

@bs852210It’s normal mate. If yours didn’t initially do this maybe your headstrap gears had some plastic flashing that provided some resistance. As long as gear slippage doesn’t happen when secured to your head and you remember to loosen it before taking it on/off, you should be fine imho.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers