cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Floor Level in Guardian rises with me as I stand up.

TurkaynGravay
Honored Guest

My Quest 2 no longer is able to accurately set the floor level at all. In Guardian, it prompts the user to touch the floor to set the floor level. I bend down to touch the floor, and as I stand back up, the floor rises with me. I have done numerous factory resets, re-paired my controllers, cleaned my lenses, everything. Has anyone had any success whatsoever with Oculus support with this issue? I know I'm not the only one who experiences this. 

34 REPLIES 34

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, we see you're having problems setting up your guardian when you get to the floor level set up. Thanks for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you took. We want to assist in getting your device pass the guardian feature. Please submit a ticket here for this issue, so we can better assist you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

KasonCarter
Honored Guest

Same issue here - Started roughly two weeks after I started using.  I  suggest all who have this issue open a ticket so Oculus can understand scope of impact and address this once and for all.  From web research, this has been happening for quite some time.  I submitted a support ticket using link in reply to this thread.  Documented all steps I took (from web) which did not offer anything more than temporary relief:

1. Turn the Guardian Feature Off and Back on Again
  2. Move to a Different Play Area
  3. Check Whether the Play Area has Adequate Lighting
  4. Delete Guardian History
  5. Clean the Cameras
  6. Factory Reset the Quest 2
  7. Restart Your Headset
  8. Change Batteries in the Controllers (1.5V)
  9. Recalibrate the Guardian
  10. Unpair and Repair the Controllers
  11. Change Tracking Frequency to 60Hz

I took all necessary troubleshooting steps multiple times each. Support finally had me send it in for a replacement unit. Unfortunately that seems like the only true fix. 

TheBadgerLady
Explorer

I've got the same issue, not tried all of the things Kason mentioned, but it seems that would be pointless anyway. It's been persistent for about 2 weeks, through versions 42 and 43 and is very annoying as with the floor not staying put, it's impossible to draw an accurate boundary. Lighting shouldn't be the issue as I have played in this room for months, and haven't changed anything in it - especially at night time, the lighting has been unchanged. (I do change play areas often, which means I have to frequently redraw the guardian, which I should not have to given that there is a history and my Rift S with gaming laptop does remember perfectly, but that is another bug. This, however, makes this situation even more annoying for me. )

You can try to push ok-button when you are still bend down, so the floor won't rise.
For me it worked.

Thanks, I have tried that. It does not work though. Once everything is drawn and I am in my Home, the floor will be correct, but this does not help when trying to draw a usable boundary 😕

Something very odd that someone on another forum told me: If you cover up one of the bottom cameras on your headset with your hand (I did the left, but I guess either one works) as you set your floor and draw your boundary - everything stays where it should. I just tried this out and it works like a charm - even though it's a little weird as you feel like you're working one-eyed.

Perhaps it can help others as well.
(Deff points to some software/interpolation issue there)

I'll try that next time when i have this floor problem(it's only sometimes)

Thanks👍

crossysfs
Explorer

Having the same issue and tried all trouble shooting including factory reset 3 times

Troubleshooting the guardian is a lot less fun than playing games. We'd love to help you. We appreciate  you troubleshooting  by changing the guardian height and a factory reset hasn't worked on fixing your headset.

Can you please reach out to Support HERE for that one on one attention to see what we can further do to help you with your headset guardian.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!