cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Inverted Colors

Goodlilguy
Explorer

I have had my Quest 2 for about a year now. This problem just started out of nowhere. When the device first boots up, everything looks normal for about one second, but then the colors completely invert and the entire display gets bright white. It is very hard to see anything and it looks awful. I have tried restarting many times, and even factory reset my device but the problem persisted. I managed to navigate to start Oculus Link, and even on Oculus Link the colors are all inverted.

I was only able to find one or two other people that have ever posted about this issue. What is this? Am I just screwed?

13 REPLIES 13

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

You need to contact Oculus support and start a ticket.  Good luck mate.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Goodlilguy! We want to help you resolve this issue however we can, so please do send us a support ticket. Click HERE to do that, or you can send us a PM, and we'll work this out together. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

@MetaQuestSupport wrote:

Hey there Goodlilguy! We want to help you resolve this issue however we can, so please do send us a support ticket. Click HERE to do that, or you can send us a PM, and we'll work this out together. Thanks!

I am also having that problem

Hey there @teesmity! Thanks for letting us know. We want to help you as well so please PM us or submit a support ticket HERE, and please include a picture of what you see inside your headset. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

noididntask
Honored Guest

bro same i just got on this morning and i was like "wtf" and i could see barely anything and yet i already sent them something about it and they havent emailed me

louisg0709
Honored Guest

Did this ever get solved? I've been having this issue for about a month and my warranty expired last christmas.

Hey @louisg0709! We appreciate you looking for an update on this! We would be more than happy to help you with this. 

Just for clarification we do have a few questions in order to best assist you:

• Was the headset ever accidentally dropped?
  • Does this happen all the time (using a link cable and standalone)?
  • What troubleshooting steps, if any, have you already attempted?

We look forward to hearing back from you and working together on this!

I’ve never dropped the headset itself. This happens all the time however looks correct when casting. So far I've tried factory reseting which hasn't worked.

Thank you for letting us know! Did you happen to enable developer mode, or change any settings using 3rd party software or hardware such as a custom battery pack before the issue arose? We would like to suggest removing any third party batteries, straps, or modifications. Adjusting the Lens IDP (Move them left/right), and removing then snapping back on the facial interface.

If you still have this issue after those steps, please send us a PM from our Profile Page so we can investigate this for you further: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport