cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Latency - 50ms-70ms+ Oculus Link

Kwilv3r
Level 2

Quest Link Running at 50-60+ MS Latency

After dealing with this for what feels like centuries, talking with customer service for a full hour (their solution was to FACTORY RESET MY HEADSET), and watching COUNTLESS latency guides on YouTube, I think it's finally time to turn to the Quest 2 forums for some much-needed assistance.

I first started using Quest Link to play Beat Saber mods/custom songs, and I'll be using Beat Saber as my example for this because it is a high precision game. After playing it for a while, I started noticing some lag. No big deal, I just went into my Oculus Debug Tool and changed some numbers. Just like that, all of the lag was gone--Except for my Latency. After watching some YouTube videos, I saw that others were experiencing as low latency as 20ms!

I'm not necessarily looking for a pro experience that the Valve Index or HTC Vive would provide, I just want something REMOTELY SIMILAR to     n a t i v e    b e a t    s a b e r  😥

After trying some of the following, I am confused (and mildly concerned). 

• Oculus Debug Tool: Changing Settings
  • Oculus App: Lowering Resolution/HZ
  • Oculus App: Repairing the App
  • GeForce Experience: Updating Drivers
  • Normal Windows Gaming Optimization
  • NVIDIA Control Panel:
    • Low Latency Mode: Ultra
    • Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames: 1
    • Virtual Reality - Variable Rate Super Sample: Always On

PC Specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor

Memory: 16.0 GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

If you need any more info, feel free to ask. Please help...

(While I wait for a response, Ima go try to figure out WHY THE FLIP I CAN'T PLAY WITHOUT GETTING SICK)

1 REPLY 1

Kwilv3r
Level 2

-__- I JUST HIT 70ms