cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 - Meta followers not showing up as friends in in-game friend lists

Meinonaa
Explorer

When playing games such as Half+Half, Alcove, Bigscreen, Cook Out! and Walkabout Mini-golf, the in game friends list that you can use to invite friends to the Multiplayer only shows friends I've made before the Meta merge. Newer followers are not on it, also not when we are following each other and are Facebook friends. This prevents me from playing games that have no room code solution with them. 

For example, in the top row that is my friend list only my old friends are shown, not new 'followers'. Same happens within the Quest and at other friend list locations. How can I fix this?

Screenshot_20220929-004740_Meta Quest.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is throwing me for a loop too. Nothing left to do but open a ticket. I'll drop the link HERE. Support might be able to find a bug going on somewhere.

"I Have Found That People Lie, Most Often Deceiving Themselves. Not So The Dead. The Dead Are So Very, Very Loud. And Yet, Lying Is Not In Their Nature. It Is So... Humbling, To Listen To The Dead Speak."

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, Meinonaa!

Oh goodness, we can't have your friends disappearing from your list! Let's see what we can do to make them come back! Now this new, Meta follower system has had a little revamping. Those who follow you and you follow them back will appear as the friends and who up at the top of the page.. You can so who you follow, who follows you and any requests you sent or have, by looking in the menu.

To get to this menu, all you have to do is: 

1. Open the Oculus app
  2. Click menu on the bottom right
  3. Click on people on the top
  4. From there you can navigate to those who follow, who you follow and the requests, as previously mentioned.

We hope this clears thigs up for you and you can get back in action!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Meinonaa
Explorer

Hi OculusSupport,

I appreciate the quick reply! Unfortunately this doesn't answer anything for me, because the issue happens with the people that I follow, and that follow me back. So they should appear as friends, but they don't. Could it be because they have no Facebook account linked to their Oculus profile?

That very well could be the issue as many of the new social features do run through having a Facebook linked to your account. Try making sure everyone has a Facebook linked to the account. A common concern I see is that users will lose access if there's an issue with their Facebook like before. Don't worry, if for whatever reason you lose access to your Facebook, you do not lose access to your Meta account. Let us know if that change fixes this issue.

"I Have Found That People Lie, Most Often Deceiving Themselves. Not So The Dead. The Dead Are So Very, Very Loud. And Yet, Lying Is Not In Their Nature. It Is So... Humbling, To Listen To The Dead Speak."

Hi FunkyTanuki, thanks for the reply. I checked with my friend and his Facebook is actually connected. This shows for him also on his profile page, but when I go there it doesn't so that's really odd. Seems like we have a dead-end? Everything is as it should be but it just doesn't work.

This is throwing me for a loop too. Nothing left to do but open a ticket. I'll drop the link HERE. Support might be able to find a bug going on somewhere.

Your app sucks. JUST MAKE THE FREAKING FOLLOWERS FRIENDS. Cant even buy a game for some of them because they don't show up as friends.

Maybe you guys wouldn't have to lay off 10k people if you would stop making stupid design choices like that. Probably proof zuk has no creative thread in is body. Since he stole the idea for facebook anyway.

Fieldsweeper
Explorer

Anyone else looking, just ignore this whole thread. Just useless as copy paste BS replies from useless support teams.

Nothing was solved here today or ever.

Agreed. Meta support is completely worthless. I still cannot follow friends after 2 weeks of troubleshooting. they can follow me but I can't follow them. meta is the WORST

Adam Nichol

What if a person has no social media and creates a Meta Quest account?  I purposely didn’t use my fb or IG because my fiancé doesn’t have a social media account.  We are each other friends on Meta but it always say no friends online and we are.  It could be the meta quest