cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 - Software Update Required

G_CDoc
Honored Guest

I have had this issue trying to pair both of my Quest 2's for the last 4 days. When you click 'try again' it just loops back to this screen.

I have tried reinstalling the app (including updating the app), using an IOS phone and using an Android phone, I have even factory reset one of the devices. Still get the below message when I try to pair this device to any phone.

img_8913.png

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Cheers

119 REPLIES 119

kencessna
Protege

I just did it for mine and it works this way:

On your Quest:

- hold power button and volume down until logo appears

- factory reset

- hold power button and volume down until logo appears

- choose sideload update

- connect to pc

On your computer:

- install ADB Bridge

- download https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-XwU2uFh1O2MytV2w_kjhrBvoavq6kRy/view?usp=sharing

- don`t unzip it, just save it somewhere

- open console and type

- cd C:\PATH_TO_YOUR_ANDROID_FOLDER\Android\Sdk\platform-tools

- adb.exe

- adb sideload C:\PATH_TO_YOUR_ZIP

Cheers, Can

We are happy that you guys managed to find a workaround but please keep in mind guys, this does go against ToS so do it at your own discretion. 

On a secondary note: Keep an eye on our main threads and we'll have some official updates/workarounds available for everyone hopefully soon. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

I am not tech savvy enough to do these side loads. I’d like to just be able to do the appropriate repair. I don’t know where the “official” link is to follow the official reports and updates. Can you please advise? 

@Prazin5 As for our main threads, those are HERE and HERE.

The first one is mainly for trying to log into your Oculus account after merging over. 

The second one is for the pairing issue that's currently been going around. 

SquashedPillow
Honored Guest

I have the solution 

FE49F09F-DC9F-40D4-A615-B24C611DC5B6.jpeg

 do this, it will manually pair your headset

@SquashedPillow Awesome job! Good stuff finding this out and sharing it out here. 🙂

Tank6603
Honored Guest

Hey any updates ?

zach2222
Explorer

This happened to me last night. i think it is because i haven't been on my oculus in half a year

I'm not that tech savvy. did you make a video?

Would you mind giving us detail step by step on how to do this please. It's been a month for me with this problem. Thanks in advance.