cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 and Air Link - random image corruption

HippoRift
Protege

Whilst using Air Link I randomly (I'd say around once every 2 - 3 minutes on average) see small to medium parts of the image get corrupted (blocky discolourations).  Everything looks normal on the monitor.  If I look away and back the corruption disappears, but if not it remains.  Doesn't seem to be related to a specific game, it has also happened in Oculus Home.  I have no issues when using the Link cable.  When testing the connectivity with the built-in benchmarking utility everything reports as ok.

Before this, it had been a while since I'd used Air Link (many months) but I'd never had this issue.  I've tried various settings for bitrate but it didn't help.

Other than this issue, no problems whatsoever.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@HippoRift Win10 should still be supported. It was just updated to show its also now supporting Win11. 

As you do fit within the requirements, I think you might need to head over to the Support team. They'd be able to read your logs (see below) and look at some other possible options you can try. Don't be afraid to list out the steps you've already tried to them! 

Gather logs with the following:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.
Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Heyo @HippoRift! PCVR is pretty fun, so I'm glad to try and lend a hamburger helping hand! 

In regards to Air Link, there is a couple things we can try (Since Link via cable runs good):

• Were you sure to check the best practices for Air Link:
    1. Have your PC connected to Router/Access Point via Ethernet cable
    2. Headset should be connected to Wi-Fi via 5GHz band (AC or AX)
    3. Router in the same room as the headset or in line-of-sight, and at least 1m (3.3ft) off the ground
    4. Non-mesh network configuration (No extenders) 
  • Does your PC still meet full Link requirements? (GPU Drivers/Windows up to date?)
  • If you started using a VPN recently, that could also have an effect on Air Link performance. 
  • Reboot the headset:
    • Turn off the headset.
    • Hold the Power and Volume Down (-) buttons together until the menu loads. 
    • Use the Volume Buttons to highlight Boot Device and press the Power Button.

Hopefully this helps! 🙂

HippoRift
Protege

Thanks for replying.  I believe that I comply with all requirements, except that the article you linked to lists Windows 11 as a requirement.  I am using Windows 10.

HippoRift_0-1664433246311.png

Is it correct that Windows 10 is no longer sufficient?

@HippoRift Win10 should still be supported. It was just updated to show its also now supporting Win11. 

As you do fit within the requirements, I think you might need to head over to the Support team. They'd be able to read your logs (see below) and look at some other possible options you can try. Don't be afraid to list out the steps you've already tried to them! 

Gather logs with the following:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

Thanks for your reply.  I have contacted Oculus support and the issue is being progressed via that channel.