cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 has static lines

SisterKisser
Honored Guest

I recently encountered an issue when playing walkabout minigolf through steamvr where it looks like there are small vertical lines popping up for a split second. The normal menus work fine, but when I look specifically at the grass in the game, there is a decent amount of static lines. I also noticed that it is only on the center and right side of my headset. It is not a software/computer issue because this does not occur on my computer screen at all when viewing the mirrored oculus gameplay. I am wondering if anyone else has encountered that or if it is a defect within the headset?

3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Usually (but not always) indicates that your graphics settings are too high, so data can not keep up in more complex areas.  For SteamVR set your visuals manually (not auto) to 100% and disable super sample filtering.  Try that to begin with.  If it does not help look at your Oculus Debug Tool settings and if using Link, reduce your bitrate to 200mbps.  If Air Link, reduce your rift home dashboard bitrate settings to 80mbps Dynamic (not fixed).  If this does not help go to your oculus desktop pc app device settings and reduce your refresh rate and res. slider.

Pretty hard to say more without including your PC specs and which windows version you are using.  Otherwise contact oculus support and include your log files so they can look into this further.  Good luck mate and cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

solexid
Honored Guest

No, its not pc issue. This visual glitches can appear on quest 2 standalone as well, on dashboard for a sample. Easiest way to trigger them is just play video in oculus browser in multiple screens or set very high resolution on link/alvr/vd with 90+ hz. I think its bug with decoder on quest side, but sometimes i can trigger them on standalone with just any app where you can set resolution scale. And on something like 1.37 they just starts appear. 

The glitches appear frequently on dark or green areas, and looks like short lines of artifacts, that appear and dissapear randomly.

@solexid wrote:

No, its not pc issue. This visual glitches can appear on quest 2 standalone as well, on dashboard for a sample. Easiest way to trigger them is just play video in oculus browser in multiple screens or set very high resolution on link/alvr/vd with 90+ hz. I think its bug with decoder on quest side, but sometimes i can trigger them on standalone with just any app where you can set resolution scale. And on something like 1.37 they just starts appear. 

The glitches appear frequently on dark or green areas, and looks like short lines of artifacts, that appear and dissapear randomly.

The OP asked about this with PCVR and SteamVR so you are kinda off topic imho.  I doubt that there is a Q2 encoder problem but if you think there is, contact oculus support I guess.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers