cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 random black screen for a few frames every 20/30 mins

GameCrunch
Protege

Every 20 or 30 minutes my Quest 2 will sometimes get a black screen, more rarely it will require me to restart the headset by turning it off and back on.  

This also happened on my old CV1 but the cable there was pretty badly damaged.

I've tried swapping USB ports to my PCI expansion card but no luck there.

I only noticed this happening after a large upgrade where I got a B550 Tomahawk, 3080 and a 5600x, although I didn't play VR for ~4 months before and ~3 months after

I have no other issues on any other pancake/flat/normal games.

I use a wired link, doesnt seem to be any issues in stand-alone mode although I dont really play stand-alone. I've ran multiple benchmarks and stress-tests without any errors popping up.

I did notice that I get this error code spammed in Event viewer "Session "OculusVadApoEventTrace" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035"

7 REPLIES 7

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

You need to contact Oculus Support and start a ticket.  Obviously this should not happen and it does not happen to me.  Could be a pc power supply issue, but who knows?  Good luck sorting this out mate and cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

I dont think Oculus support could help much, i'm pretty sure its not an actual hardware issue, atleast with the headset since my old one had the same issue. 

Not sure what can cause this?  Maybe check your win10 task manager to see if something is running.  Could be antivirus but who knows?  Oculus support may be able to look at your log files and identify the problem.  Sorry I cannot help you further.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Hey there, we appreciate you bringing this to the community. We understand how inconveniencing this is for the few people who have experienced the same situation. We'd love to assist you with this. 

Are you using the official Oculus cable? 

If you are using the official Oculus cable and your computer meets the requirements please submit a support ticket here

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This issue has been affecting many people with more than capable hardward, for years. Was there any sort of remedy here? What happened?

I'm a few months late but I haven't been able to find any fix at all

Hi there! We're unfortunate that you're dealing with this, and we'd love to help you get this resolved. Please head over to our support site ( https://metaque.st/Support ), where we'll be able to gather some more account information from you and take a deeper look into this for you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!