cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 turning by itself?

posazupl
Level 2

Today,i was playing some games on my Quest 2,then i got bored and turned off my headset. About a minute later,i hear my controllers vibrating and the LED was white,which means that its turned on. What is going on with my headset and what it means?

6 REPLIES 6

PITTCANNA
Level 13

It happens sometimes to me.  I think its a minor bug with the firmware.  I always wait until its permanently off.

misslaidlaw
Level 3

I think there is a difference between turning it off and putting it on standby. Standyby looks like you just click the button on the side once. To turn it off completely you need to press the button for about 5 seconds until you hear it shut down. 

@misslaidlaw wrote:

I think there is a difference between turning it off and putting it on standby. Standyby looks like you just click the button on the side once. To turn it off completely you need to press the button for about 5 seconds until you hear it shut down. 

There is a difference true.  But there is a bug with in the boot and firmware that causes it not to go off after the selecting power off when holding in the power button.

I have been using my quest 2 for a year and half, and it will restart at times after full power off.  It happens every so often.

lensmandave
Level 9

Check that you don't have something that could trigger the proximity sensor, like a third party face cushion or third party strap.

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

LandonMeadows
Level 3

Have you turned off auto wake?

No,that is not the problem,the problem is that i click shutdown,headset shuts off and it turns back on