cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX 3050 (Desktop) compatibility?

CharlieTheBean
Honored Guest

Hello, I'm looking to get a Quest 2 and have been searching around to ensure my system is compatible with the Link for PCVR, but I've been seeing mixed results about the RTX 3050's compatibility.

I know there is a laptop version of this GPU, however, I have the 8GB desktop version but haven't seen anything about this version mentioned at all.

So, will my RTX 3050 desktop GPU work with the Quest 2 for PCVR? Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @CharlieTheBean! We're excited to see you're thinking of joining the VR family, we're sure you'll love your new Quest 2! To answer your question, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30-series is supported whereas the NVIDIA 3050 (laptop) and 3050ti GPUs are not recommended for use with Link. Seeing as you don't have the laptop or 3050ti version, you should be good to go. If you'd like to know more about PC compatibility, check out our site here. Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions, we're happy to assist.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!