cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent 34.0 update has introduced a problem in VR racing

The18thFret
Explorer

Hello. I'm wondering if I can find a solution to this annoying little problem here on the Oculus forums.

I only really use my Quest 2 for VR sim racing. Everything was working perfectly up until a couple of days ago when my headset updated to version 34.0.

After that I keep getting this strange issue where when I'm sitting in a car, the headset keeps shifting my center view and jumping all over the place. No matter how many times I reset it to center, it just keeps doing this. This only started happening after the recent update.

Appreciate any help.

Here's a short video of the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI0aRi60djA&ab_channel=The18thFret

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Maybe try clearing your Q2 guardian history, restart and set it up again.  I found I’ve needed to do this after Q2 updates.  AC seems to working fine for me.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Maybe try clearing your Q2 guardian history, restart and set it up again.  I found I’ve needed to do this after Q2 updates.  AC seems to working fine for me.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

I have guardian turned off because I only really use my Quest2 for sim racing which is always in a seated static position and the guardian is pointless and just wastes time every start up when it asks me to reset it or confirm it.

but I'll try resetting it and see if that works, thanks

OK you were right, I had guardian deactivated because I only do vr sim racing so no need for it, but I activated it, reset the boundaries, game worked fine, no more warping issues, then deactivated guardian again, and still no issues, all working fine. Logic must have escaped me to reset it, had no idea it would help. Thanks again!

Great, glad this worked for you.  Maybe learn to use the KUDO button.  No big deal imho.