cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral credit not working

Sweetbrown86
Honored Guest

I was sent a referral link to purchase a Quest 2. 
Then i used the link and it ask me to create my Oculus account etc.

When i go to my profile on this site, i could not find the referral credit or a confirmation about receiving the referral, and when i try to use my link again, it said i already used a referral link to this account. Why didn’t I receive the credit?

23 REPLIES 23

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Sweetbrown86. Thanks for reaching out. We understand not wanting to missing out on such a great opportunity💲. We're with out a doubt going to help you get to the bottom of this. 

Here are some factors that can be preventing getting your credit:

• Please make sure you have activated your device. Your credit won't applied in till your headset is activated.

• The new account cannot already be associated with a Meta Quest product. So if your device is refurbished you won't be able to receive your credit. 

• Make sure you have a Quest or Quest 2 connected to a Facebook connected account. 

• Make sure that you and the friend who referred you are both from the same country. 

Here is a link with more information regarding our referral program. If you have any further questions please reach out to us and we're more than happy to assist you regarding this issue. 😁

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

We have all the factors right and both didn't receive anything 😔

I did this twice and I got nothing on all 3 accounts and vr headsets

Hey @oliver.b! If all of those factors are met and you still aren't getting referral credits properly, you'll want to either start a support ticket with our team here, or send us a PM right here on the Forums. That way we can get some account info and details to look into this a bit further and see what we can do!

To contact us via PM, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

gabe.10.52251
Honored Guest

Same I don’t know why

Does the account have to be new?

Hey @gabe.10.52251!

That's correct, in order for the referral credits to be added to the accounts, the user with the newly purchased headset must be under a new account as well. You can find more information on our Referral Programs by clicking here.

I sent a referral to my cousin today and i helped him set up his quest 2 that he bought today, but neither of us got the credit. The only difference between ours and the list is that he used an email rather than facebook. Please can you let us know if there is a way we can still get the credit because his headset is set up now so we cannot try again.

Hey there! We appreciate you letting us know about the experience you are having. This is no fun and we know it is taking time away from your time in the VR world. We want to help and make sure you do not have this issue any longer. ​We ask that you PM us so we can gather some more personal information to better assist you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you!