cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refurbished Oculus quest 2

xXTiggerXx
Honored Guest

Got a refurbished Oculus quest 2 and I can't get it to connect to the controllers or the internet it won't even show up on my devices. I can see where they sent me my refurbished Oculus quest 2 but it won't show up on my Oculus. There for it won't recognize the quest to setup. And the one that is in my receipt is the wrong serial number too. So a lot of problems I just want to play again it's been 6 months since I have been able to play with the first headset not working after update. Now it has been one thing after another and I just am getting tired of it.

28 REPLIES 28

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @xXTiggerXx! We understand your frustrations after not being able to enjoy your device for 6 months. This is not the experience we want for any of our users. Please allow us to provide some troubleshooting steps to try and resolve these connectivity issues. If you haven't done so already, please try the following:

• Remove the batteries in your controllers for 2-3 minutes before replacing with fresh ones
  • Remove the batteries for at least 30 minutes to try and reset the controllers before attempting to pair again
  • Reboot your headset
  • Restart your internet router before attempting to connect again
  • Last resort, perform a factory reset on your headset

If none of these suggestions work to resolve your issue, please reach back out to our support team. You can respond to the last email you received from the team when getting your replacement, or you can click here to open a new ticket. Either way, one of our agents will do everything they can to get to the bottom of this and provide you with your options. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

domonic.renfroe
Explorer

That’s funny. I just received mine today with the exact same issue. After hours I was told it was an app problem that started yesterday. Seems like the thing to do woulda been to send us an updated device

ManateeManna
Explorer

Same issue, I just spent over an hour trying to connect both on my own and with support and now told have to wait for an email for additional instructions.  

Yep. Same here. My original Oculus of 8 months suffered from the black screen issue. Sent it back for a refurbished one and couldn't get the controllers or wifi to connect. Contacted support and just got "we're working on a fix as soon as possible". 

Google it and you'll see that this has been a known issue going on for almost 2 years. I'm surprised there isn't a class action suit regarding it. 

ManateeManna
Explorer

Same issue.  Only I actually received the email with the new instructions on how to side load an update.  However, I don't seem to be computer savvy enough to do this.  The file I downloaded won't open to any page that works, won't recognize the command I put they said to use, and I'm unsure if I merged the zip file with the update correctly.  At any rate, the headset never got updated even directly connected to my computer via USB.  So now I'm stuck waiting til my next day off to have them walk me through the steps.......

Good luck following the instructions, I was unable to side load the required update following the given instructions but hopefully you're more computer savvy than I am......

ManateeManna, Any chance you could post those instructions? Not clear why it takes Support days/weeks to send it themselves, but if you could share those that would be great.  

Same here. Got a refurbished quest 2 only the headset. Controllers won't connect all i see is a video of pulling the tabs of the controllers i see the pairing code above but i can't pair it because the headset isn't connected to a wireless network.

1. Download the latest firmware file
  2. Rename it update.zip
  3. Power off your Quest 2
  4. Hold Volume - and power until the device boots into a bootloader screen
  5. Using the Volume buttons, navigate to "Sideload Update" and then press power
  6. Connect your Q2 to your PC via the USB-C cable. Use the cable which came with the Q2 if possible
  7. Install the Android Debug Bridge (adb)
  8. Move the update.zip file to the same folder as adb
  9. Run adb devices, you should see something like List of devices attached: 123456789 sideload
  10. Run adb sideload update.zip
  11. After a few minutes the file will have transferred and your Q2 will begin updating
  12. Once updated, you should be able to pair the app with the headset

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/wzvn2h/v43_update_zip_file_available/

https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/

If you get it to work, can you let me know the exact steps you took?