cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove credit card from quest 2 head set

RyGuy0316
Honored Guest

I put my credit card in my daughters quest 2 headset to buy her one game. Now there’s no option to remove my card

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, we can definitely help you in removing a payment method. You will need to be logged into the account in the Oculus website or on the Oculus app.

Here are the steps to remove a payment method using the Oculus app on your phone:

1. Open the Oculus app on your phone.

2. Tap your profile picture in the top left.

3. Tap Payment Methods.

4. Tap the payment method you want to remove and then tap Remove.

Here are the steps to remove a payment method using Oculus.com

1. Go to Oculus.com

2. Click on the profile icon in the top right corner

3. Log into your account 

4. Click Profile under the account icon

5. Select Payment methods that's located in the left column of the page

6. Click remove next to the payment method you are trying to remove

We hope this helps you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

my thing isnt giving me the remove option and when I try to update with a new card I get this  

Hi, I got here from a random google search. I just thought I should let you know that your screenshot contains your full card details and is visible to the entire internet. You should probably cancel your card asap.

I agree with Erudite_Sponge. It might be best to cancel your card to prevent any accidental fraud. And please please double check any future pictures you post so that they don't contain sensitive info like that. People on the internet be crazy. 👍

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

very very difficult to remove credit card. disgusting trick. 

They make it virtually impossible to remove a credit card after a purchase. Disgusting trick. Now I have to go to the bank and cancel the card. If there is a way to remove the credit card, make it possible in app, somehow. Disgusting trick, criminal.

The Oculus app has the option to add or remove a credit card. I made the mistake of using a credit card in the VR headset with Gorilla Tag on my child's account. The VR is for the child, and I am the superviser, but I see no way to purchase for him using my account. Once Gorilla Tag have the card, there is no option to remove it. Horrible system. I was forced to have the bank cancel the card. I'm new to this, so I'm sure there is a method to buy Shiny coins in Gorilla Tag without cancelling my credit card every time. But it is very difficult to figure out. 

Hey there, @Dragor5109. Thanks for reaching out and letting us know the troubles you're having with removing your credit card after a purchase. We know how important it is to be able to control the way you make your purchases and how inconvenient it can be when you are not able to. To get a bit more clarity into your situation, can you answer a few questions for us?

Did you get an error message when your tried to remove the credit card? If so, can you send us a copy?

Was this from the Meta Store or an in-app purchase?

So we can get to the bottom of this issue and get some personal information, can you please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey everyone! I'm just jumping in here to lock this since this is a pretty old thread with older information. 

If you're running into any issues removing your payment method from your headset/account, I'd suggest reaching out to @MetaQuestSupport through PM or starting a new thread in the Get Help boards where our support team can chime in! 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling