cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resident Evil Weapons Training

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Knife is the first weapon. I can grab it with either hand and I can swing it back and forth till the cows come home but nothing happens.

I can skip past the weapons training and start the game but since I’m just starting the game with an error or problem how many more issues might be ahead? I want the game to work the way it is supposed to work.

Suggestions or information?

jbd

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Anonymous, we know things aren't fun when they're not working the way you intend them to. No worries though, as we're here to help you get back to slaying zombies.

If you don't mind us asking, were you able to successfully make it pass the game's weapons training with the knife working successfully? Could you make sure you're pressing the button to activate the knife? It should be the trigger that your middle finger rests on if the issue persist please uninstall and install the game again. Please get back to us at your earliest convenience, and we'd be glad to continue assisting you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings,

I could grab the knife with either hand and wave it till the cows come home but it was not acknowledged. Skipping training was the only way to continue and I was able to grab gun and ammo and use weapon.

I did uninstall it, per your suggestion, and reloaded the game. No joy in the knife tutorial and I had to totally back out of the game to get past the tutorial.

Maybe I have to play farther into the game to get a SAVE option but cannot find a SAVE and have to play from the beginning of the game every time I try to practice with the headset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After several failures I am just bypassing the tutorials and playing the game.

if the game starts acting buggy I’ll toss it.

RichardOsborn
Honored Guest

Hi. I have the same problem as you when starting to play Resident Evil 4 and testing the knife on the Weapons Training. Did you find a solution for this or is it just a bug and I need to skip past the Weapons Training? Thanks.

Hi there, @RichardOsborn. We see that you're having the same issue with weapons training while playing Resident Evil. Something like this can definitely take the wind out of your VR sails, and we want to help you get back to gaming ASAP. For us to get a clearer picture of the issue you're having, can you tell us the following:

• Are you getting any sort of error message?
  • Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the game?
  • Have you rebooted the headset? If not, here is how.

To restart your headset:

1. With your headset on and powered on, press and hold the power button on the right side of your headset until you see the Power off screen.
  2. Select Restart. Your headset will turn off and then turn back on.

If you're unable to restart your headset:

1. Press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds. This will manually turn off your headset.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Press and hold the power button until your headset turns back on.

Please let us know if your issue persists. We are always here to help.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, @RichardOsborn. Just checking in to see if you are still needing assistance with the weapons training in Resident Evil. If so, please do reach back out to us at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

RichardOsborn
Honored Guest

Thanks although there is definitely a bug in the Weapons Training section of RE4 as you cannot get past the point where you have grabbed the knife and swipe. All you can do is release the knife but it does not move on to the next weapon.

Hi again, @RichardOsborn. We appreciate you reaching back out about the bug in Resident Evil's weapons training. We know how important it is to be able to move with your game, and we want to help you straighten this out.

At this time, though, we would recommend contacting the developer of Resident Evil 4 and voicing your concern about the bug. We hope this was helpful.

bigmetal.2022
Honored Guest

I been trying RE and have the exact same problem and the only help I can find is the old post on a forum with no real solution except to reinstall the game…. Are you kidding…. It took me almost 3 hours of trying to install it without knowing exactly how to easily see a status of the update that was very very very slow. And it would restart from the beginning every time I tried. Yes…. How does one grab a knife in training room in inversive mode. I can see a white line to it but my arm is tired from tryin and so 

Hello. Me too. I can see the white line, but can’t grab it no matter what I do and am stuck in a loop in the training room just sitting there…..and have to stop and exit….. please don’t say to just re install it! It took me hours to already do that! Very frustrating this product already.