cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Installer stops at 5.10 out of 5.12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning,

So I decided to clean down my system as it has went through a couple of large hardware changes over the years, the latest being a new motherboard and a shift from Intel to AMD.

Prior to this my Rift S was working flawlessly.

So I now have a fresh copy of Windows 10 installed, all supporting drivers and updates but the Rift S installer fails to complete.

I have now spent 2 days working on this issue, things I have tried are all the suggestions on the forums and internet in general e,g, Antivirus/Defender off, Firewall off, ensure I'm on a Private and not Public network in windows, ran the setup as Admin, ran it without admin, ran it in Compatible mode for windows 7, I've converted to an Offline windows account.  I;ve unplugged all usb devices and only running with 1 monitor.

I've also tried a clean install of Windows 11, this didnt work so I tried another clean Windows 10 install.

I'm now at the stage of giving up and buying a different headset.

[Debug] [10/12/2021 11:55:27] Reusing previously-downloaded 'e640e2bd5ae714b8c2d792fd42ab4f78a02d291a442a55de72728f5dfe7ebdae'.
[Warning] [10/12/2021 11:55:30] Download attempt 6 failed!
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 410 (Gone).
at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode()
at Daybreak.Net.Networker.<GetStream>d__10.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at Daybreak.Net.FileDownloader.<DownloadFile>d__5.MoveNext()
[Warning] [10/12/2021 11:56:00] Download attempt 7 failed!
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 410 (Gone).
[Warning] [10/12/2021 11:56:35] Download attempt 8 failed!

8 REPLIES 8

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Hi  I just came here to post about it, i just got off from a chat with support.  it is a known issue and is currently being worked on.  No eta yet.

I did mention to them that for known issues they really should put something up on their webpage etc as i wasted 2 hrs trying to fix this morning before bugging support..... its not ideal but it isnt just you so you are not alone.

dont give up on your oculus device yet, trust me, i have a Reverb G2 as well... they ALL have their issues from time to time but when it works the oculus software platform is still my favourite personally.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pants!

I've tried it on 2 different systems now and its the exact same issue.  Pity, all I mostly play is DCS in VR.

Guess the wife gets my company for a while then 😞

I am in a similar boat, took a day off work to play some After the Fall but now will have to come up with something else..... a movie with the mrs may have to do. I could play it on the quest native i suppose but i do like my shiny things so will wait.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

mikehale
Honored Guest

Yeah I just got an Oculus Rift 2 headset and I immediately ran into this issue. Glad to hear they are aware and working on it.

ChrisPUT
Honored Guest

It seems like there is some file that can't be downloaded and the "Response status code does not indicate success: 410 (Gone)" indicates that the file that it's looking for is not out there to download.

I was up till 2am last night trying every "solution".  I am on a machine that I just built with a Ryzen 7 5700G, 32GB Ram, and a Radeon RX 5700.  This is basically the first thing I am installing (besides Steam)

I figured my next step was to contact Support but it sounds like they have no clue either.

UPDATE: I FOUND A FIX!

I copied the OculusSetup-DownloadCache from my son's computer to mine without replacing the existing files.

There were 3420 identical files out of 3560.  After that the setup was able to continue without any errors.

I was on chat with support and sent him my directory listing of both directories and he is trying to see which file or files are the ones not downloading.

If I can get a list of the missing files I will post it here.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, I've posted a reply in this thread here, which we'll be using to let everyone know when this issue has been resolved. The team is working on resolving the issue and we'll update you all when it's been resolved. Please go ahead and follow the linked thread for updates, and there are some troubleshooting steps in there you could try out, if you didn't want to wait.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent!  Everything is back up and running!

Yep, the installer is working for me now. Thanks!