cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLVED! Camera USB not connecting. CV1 External Camera driver missing.

FDP
Explorer
I purchased and installed the Oculus recommended USB 3.0 card off of Amazon (and gave it power over a SATA power connector straight from the PSU). On config the Rift USB connects fine, but then the Camera USB has a spinning wheel next to it and never goes green. In Device Manager the CV1 External Camera is flagged yellow/shows that the driver is not installed.

Anybody have any ideas on what to do here (apart from uninstall and reinstall Oculus Home which I will do right now). 

Thanks, 
FDP!
13 REPLIES 13

TonyByte
Honored Guest
Phew. This just happened to me as well. I thought my sensor was broke. For me, once I pointed to the folder, the driver appeared to be ok (originally had an error symbol) but the white light on the sensor was still not on. Then it took a few times trying to run a firmware update which popped up in the Oculus app. So if you are having trouble like this, unplug a few times and try again. It finally worked for me. There was a recent Windows update for me as well. Thanks all!

itschriscollins
Honored Guest

I my case I went to C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers and ran oculus-driver, manually. And then the sensors were installed correctly. 

Just saved me from my panic, I had to do this as well. Oculus couldn't see the sensors and Windows couldn't find a driver

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a normal Notification that appears often after SLEEP or even a fresh BOOT. Closing Home does not fix it as it needs the OculusServer restarted. Do this by using the RESTART option in Menu Settings OR you could use the same command within Oculus Debug Tool. What is the point in having Oculus run after exiting or at PC BOOT???

j00nlbwuy1ni.png

Grimpala
Honored Guest

I my case I went to C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers and ran oculus-driver, manually. And then the sensors were installed correctly. 

Ty this worked for me Rift S with external CV1 camera.