cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen tearing/frame twitching when recording with built in record system

toxz_jt
Explorer

Whenever i record on oculus my screen starts tearing and twitching and its really annoying i’m just trying to post to my tiktok account

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @toxz_jt! We know the urgent feeling of wanting to share something that just doesn't seem to go right, so we'd love to lend a hand! In order to get a bit of insight, could you please answer the following:

1. When was this first noticed?
  2. Have you been able to record with no screen tear before?
  3. Is this using the headset standalone, or connected with a PC?
  4. When does the tearing start? (Starting recording, setting up recording, etc.)
  5. Does screen tear happen with multiple different apps or a certain one?

Looking forward to your update!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

First noticed about a month after getting my headset, Yes i have until a month after getting my headset, standalone and pc, when recording in any different way, and it happens on all apps. Im thinking that oculus cant handle recording and playing a game

Was there any changes (minor or major) that could've happened after that one month by chance?

There could be a possibility that it wouldn't be able to fully handle long term recording since it is trying to run multiple different things at once, but I feel like it should be able to at least do some short term stuff without being too much of a hassle. 

What happens if you try to record closer to your router? 

What all did you try already too? (just to not have any repeats of anything)

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

i have tried alot of different things like adjusting the recording settings and its not internet related because it happens when playing single player games too

@toxz_jt Dang, really thought that could be something. It could also be storage space/RAM being used up since the headset only has about 6GB if I remember correctly. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

I was thinking it was a ram thing too but the shaking doesn’t appear on the recording its just so hard to play with the tearing

Hi I'm having the same issue did you ever find a solution for this?

nope i just had to deal with it

Hey @MetaQuestSupport, Been having the same issues with my recording on my phone (Similar to @toxz_jt's problems) I will answer with the 5 Q's you have asked.

1. When did you start noticing this?

3 days ago when I wanted to become a Gorilla Tag Content Creator, full time.

2. Were you able to record without screen tear before?

Yes but that was when I didnt have the Meta App and couldnt send all my vids to my phone and post them. When I got the app and started to record. Thats when I noticed the tear and low frames.

3. Is this with your headset, Standalone or connected to a PC?

Im not connected to a PC. Mainly Standalone and Headset.

4. When does the tearing start? Start of rec, random points or full way through?

Full way through and will get better for 5 seconds at random points. Its like when you have a cold and you take a tablet to get better but it eventually wears off.

5. Has Screen Tear occurred on different apps or a certain one?

I have only experienced screen tear on 3 apps (because i was only in 3 apps when recording). Those apps were

Gorilla Tag

Virtual Desktop

First steps

I havent tried any other apps cause i got tired and went to bed but I assume it happens with other apps aswell

Hope @MetaQuestSupport sees this and takes action. This is EJJP and thank you for reading!