cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smudges inside the lenses??

Wheelchairguy31
Honored Guest

Greeting everyone! I recently took a better look through my lenses during gameplay and noticed both lenses have weird smudges but I can't clean them. Could they be somehow underneath or inside the lenses, or maybe they got fogy from the inside? I just can't seem to clean the off...They just make ghosting look even more noticeable...

15 REPLIES 15

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, if you haven't already please open a support ticket with us here and please include a picture of the issue. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

SamdeBichon
Explorer

I notice the same thing. Did you get a resolution?

It’s not something easy to take a photo of because of the lighting in there. May be able to get it on video as it depends on the angle you look.

SMooreVRFitness
Honored Guest

My son was wearing his glasses, but didn't put the additional black plastic insert in first, so I'm thinking his glasses scratched the VR lenses right in the center where there's been physical contact.

Stock_Market_P
Honored Guest

Mine is brand new and i have same issue. It's like a permanent smudge on the lens. I can't clean it off. It makes certain VR videos unbearable. 

Hey there! Not being able to enjoy the immersive world of VR could be a real bummer, especially when your brand new device has what appears to be smudges on the lens that you are unable to clean! We want to make this right for you so that you can finally start gaming comfortably. Please feel free to send us a PM, including a picture or video of the issue you are having, and we'll be more than happy to assist you with this. We look forward to hearing from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

SayreHarris
Honored Guest

The same is happening for me the smudges are on both lenses it is the thing that is circled but you can also see it all over the lens

63F1B1FA-80E3-4FF2-AC2F-4A133E020E43.jpeg

If you've been rubbing the lenses to clean them you may have removed the very thin top layer. The lenses are like spectacle lenses and have a thin coating to make them more scratch-resistant. if you have rubbed through this top layer you'll leave behind what looks like a smudge but is actually a hole in the top layer. The only way to help might be using Polywatch or something similar to carefully remove the whole top layer, but the lens will never be perfect again.

NewriderCalif
Honored Guest

Take it apart clean it with eye glasses spray and use air compress can to blow the lint. Put it back together.